The (Unofficial) write anything you want page - part 2

Thank you all for your advice, I throw my resume out there, and see what happens.

I quit my prior job because I couldn't take it anymore, and got this one because the hiring team made it sound better, it's not as bad of an environment as the last one, but this new guy just sitting at his desk and no one saying anything and throwing the extra work on me is really eating me up and exhausting me, two people from other departments quit, because the work was overwhelming for them and no safety protocols enforced.

Problem is a lot of these people who do the interviewing make it seem like your going to work for the best company in the world and then when you start after a couple of weeks you see the truth, I'm a hard worker and don't mind working.

But when all the work is falling on you and you tell your lead guy that your help is not helping and he's telling you to go snitch to the higher ups and you know the higher ups know what's going on already because you've heard talk through the grapevine already, that they are not happy with this this guy, what's the point in even saying anything?

Sound to me like the lazy guy is just one of the problems ... management is the other bigger one.
What would they do if you took this lazy guys lead and just slack off?
I know it's probably not in your nature but I would play with that especially if you're ready to throw in the towel anyway.

Sound to me like the lazy guy is just one of the problems ... management is the other bigger one.
I know it's probably not in your nature but I would play with that especially if you're ready to throw in the towel anyway.
You're exactly right Lurch, management is one of the big problems, they hire the first guy that walked through the door, because he basically lied on his resume and doesn't know the shit he claims he does.

I'll take your advice and take my time doing things and take my breaks and see what happens, I'm 51 years old and don't want to keep going from job to job, but I can't take this place anymore, my long time employment that I worked at for 16 years got wiped out by hurricane Sandy and ever since it's been like a roller coaster ride, these new jobs don't train you properly and then they interview you and see your resume, and tell you what a great resume I have I that I work at places for long periods of time, that, that is a good sign, and then when I get hired they put me doing exactly the opposite of what is on my resume, which baffles me because I'm thinking I'm being hired for my experience and they put me doing things I've never done before, which means I have to be trained on them, and they'll tell you once and your suppose to remember the whole operation. Craziest employment situation I've ever been in.

Thank you for your advice Lurch, much appreciated.

Reactions: lurch70
I've got an ear infection and christ is this painful. Pain relief has stopped working so I basically have to sit here on the sofa for the next 9 or so hours until morning in agony because there is no prospect of sleeping with this.
You can't take Extra strength Tylenol or Motrin or Aleve, that won't help?

I hope you get better soon Doom, my well wishes to you.

You're exactly right Lurch, management is one of the big problems, they hire the first guy that walked through the door, because he basically lied on his resume and doesn't know the shit he claims he does.

I'll take your advice and take my time doing things and take my breaks and see what happens, I'm 51 years old and don't want to keep going from job to job, but I can't take this place anymore, my long time employment that I worked at for 16 years got wiped out by hurricane Sandy and ever since it's been like a roller coaster ride, these new jobs don't train you properly and then they interview you and see your resume, and tell you what a great resume I have I that I work at places for long periods of time, that, that is a good sign, and then when I get hired they put me doing exactly the opposite of what is on my resume, which baffles me because I'm thinking I'm being hired for my experience and they put me doing things I've never done before, which means I have to be trained on them, and they'll tell you once and your suppose to remember the whole operation. Craziest employment situation I've ever been in.

Thank you for your advice Lurch, much appreciated.

You're my age and fortunate they still hire you wherever you live ... in NYC it's no country for old men. The 20 somethings rule this place.
That being said this new gen has the attention span of a fly and your trouble guy will be gone faster than you think.
Been working for myself for the last 20 years and while super challenging it's been great overall. Of course instead of one boss I have hundreds as all my clients I mostly have to bow down to ... only luxury I have is I can also fire them if they are a pain in the ass.

My daughter shows up at our house after school with 4 classmates ... first day of full on school since March 2020 ... it was a cluster they all said. Social distancing trial and error in a full school. There was almost a stampede at dismissal.
Quote of the day from her friend ... "The Chinese nerds showed up ... they were all remote last semester"

@OzzyIsDio dude that’s a lot to unpack in that post. Sounds miserable. Sounds like a bunch of slacking assholes. Sounds like……sounds exactly like MY JOB.
You said something about how the new jobs always tell you what you want to hear and then you find out it’s the same shit. That’s true.
My advice to people is always: hey, just think how’ll in the not too distant future you’ll just be a bunch of bones somewhere.
I hope that helps

Reactions: MFJ
I've got an ear infection and christ is this painful. Pain relief has stopped working so I basically have to sit here on the sofa for the next 9 or so hours until morning in agony because there is no prospect of sleeping with this.
This sounds pleasant

I’ve tried this before. I like lurch’s idea. Give it a shot

My advice to people is always: hey, just think how’ll in the not too distant future you’ll just be a bunch of bones somewhere.
I hope that helps
This is 666% my thoughts on everything since I turned 40.

"Fuck me, this traffic sucks! Oh well, I got 2 maybe 3 decades left, and that's that."

"Aw dang, Trader Joe's is out of my favoUrite cheese. Oh well, 25 years from now, I'll be wormfood anyhow."

John Joseph from the Cromags blocked me yesterday on IG ... for posting my opinion about something he posted that he clearly was going to get slack for.
Sent me a private message to "Shut Up" ...and I'm an armchair warrior ...

A few years ago Dice Clay blocked me also ... sent me a message about being a fat real estate agent ... I should frame that one ... I was able to offend the Diceman ... that's like a badge of honor.

Fake tough guys ...

Last edited:
The actress Cathy Lind Hayes blocked me on Twitter just because I asked her what a particular movie of hers was about. Gotta wonder what the point of being on there is then. I guess I violated some sort of pecking order principle and am supposed to consume in silence.

The actress Cathy Lind Hayes blocked me on Twitter just because I asked her what a particular movie of hers was about. Gotta wonder what the point of being on there is then. I guess I violated some sort of pecking order principle and am supposed to consume in silence.

It's basically what it boils down to ... you have to agree with everything they say and if you don't you must be silenced.
We are dealing with artists huge egos here after all.

This doesn't apply to all obviously ...

I wanted to watch this but they appear to have the whole of the live stream still available on YouTube, except the Empyrium set.
damn, that makes it seem kinda worth it to have caught it live

it was really solid, they played songs from all albums except the turn of the tides (praise be) and did a really solid job of it

i'm sure it will be available on the tube eventually

Man if that was a one time only event... bummer that you missed it. I'm not sure I've ever seen such a magical performance on the TV.

Maybe they are going to release it on DVD or something. I'll buy it immediately if so. Shut Up and/or Take My Money style as it were.