The (Unofficial) write anything you want page - part 2

prophecy productions is livestreaming "prophecy fest 2021" on youtube today

highlights:

* sun of the sleepless
* dordeduh performing negura bunget
* primordial

I won't be able to watch any of that live but hopefully they'll make it available to watch afterwards.

I moved my post to this thread, from the shit posting thread:

I would like some advice, I am currently in a job I thought was going to be better than the last one I had, but it's starting to suck as there is no structure getting to be very chaotic, and the new guy is a lazy piece of shit that won't help me, he was suppose to be my help, just sits at his desk all day and the higher ups know about it, my lead guy hates him, because he won't listen to him either, yet some how this guy is keeping his job.

I'm thinking about just up and quitting this job before getting a new one, it's how bad it's getting, I have like over 30 years experience in my field, so it shouldn't be that hard to get a new job even if I have to go through a Temp agency, but I'm afraid I'll make the same mistake I did with this job and my prior job, seems like the hiring teams at these companies bullshit you and tell you how great the company and workforce are and all, then once you get the job after a couple of weeks you start seeing the truth, it's so fucking busy and so much work because this lazy piece of shit doesn't work together as a team the way we're suppose to work, that I'm taking a one 10 minute break a day, to make sure the work gets done.

Several people have complained about him to the higher ups and he he's known for being a lazy piece of shit that no one wants to work with him or ask him to perform certain tasks, because he either takes too long on purpose or just doesn't do the task, he literally disappears where you can't find him.

My lead guy told me to go talk to my manager yesterday, he saw I was upset, cause I asked this guy three times to help me and he kept disappearing, my answer to my lead guy was, they know about him, the CEO knows about his work ethics, what difference is it going to make me going to the manager and tell on the guy if the manager is aware of him and does nothing? His response to me was, he just walked away when I told him that, cause he knows it's the truth, plus I'm not a snitch and it's not my place.

If the lead guy and manager know what this guy is doing and going put of his way to evade working, why not just toss him, there are plenty of good people looking for work.

You guys think I should just take my chances and the day it gets bad again just up and leave and just tell my manager make sure you pay me up to the last minute I worked I can't take this shit no more?

I will always advise to find another job before quitting the one you've got. But yeah, it seems you need to get out of there. And if it's that bad Im sure you arent the only one wanting to leave.

Mike's advice is very true. That's the reason I left my last job. Almost caused a nervous breakdown.

prophecy productions is livestreaming "prophecy fest 2021" on youtube today

highlights:

* sun of the sleepless
* dordeduh performing negura bunget
* primordial

empyrium live on this stream in like seven minutes btw

@OzzyIsDio My wife up and quit her job of 15 years one day, after years of being in a bad environment. She couldn't take it anymore and she finally flipped the table.

She does NOT do rash/sudden things like that, ever, but sometimes enough is enough.

Reactions: OzzyIsDio
Not sure how things are up there in Yankeeland but I've been through several states this summer and businesses are hiring everywhere I look. Who knows, you may be able to find a new job relatively quickly and be able to quit with the comfort of knowing that you already have your next move figured out.

I will always advise to find another job before quitting the one you've got

Completely depends on your own circumstances of course, but I would always do what J said as if I was out of work I'd eventually end up not being able to pay my mortgage. But if your circumstances permit you to quit and then find a next job, do that if it's causing you stress.

I will always advise to find another job before quitting the one you've got. But yeah, it seems you need to get out of there. And if it's that bad Im sure you arent the only one wanting to leave.

Mike's advice is very true. That's the reason I left my last job. Almost caused a nervous breakdown.
That's what what I feel like most days, like I'm going to have a nervous breakdown, a couple of people have quit already.

Reactions: dorian gray
Completely depends on your own circumstances of course, but I would always do what J said as if I was out of work I'd eventually end up not being able to pay my mortgage. But if your circumstances permit you to quit and then find a next job, do that if it's causing you stress.
Thanks for the advice Doom, they pay well better than what most companies are willing to pay, but money isn't everything as long as I can get a job that pays the bills and be happy, is what's important to me.

I vote: fuck that shit, life's too short to be miserable

@OzzyIsDio My wife up and quit her job of 15 years one day, after years of being in a bad environment. She couldn't take it anymore and she finally flipped the table.

She does NOT do rash/sudden things like that, ever, but sometimes enough is enough.

Not sure how things are up there in Yankeeland but I've been through several states this summer and businesses are hiring everywhere I look. Who knows, you may be able to find a new job relatively quickly and be able to quit with the comfort of knowing that you already have your next move figured out.

Thank you all for your advice, I throw my resume out there, and see what happens.

I quit my prior job because I couldn't take it anymore, and got this one because the hiring team made it sound better, it's not as bad of an environment as the last one, but this new guy just sitting at his desk and no one saying anything and throwing the extra work on me is really eating me up and exhausting me, two people from other departments quit, because the work was overwhelming for them and no safety protocols enforced.

Problem is a lot of these people who do the interviewing make it seem like your going to work for the best company in the world and then when you start after a couple of weeks you see the truth, I'm a hard worker and don't mind working.

But when all the work is falling on you and you tell your lead guy that your help is not helping and he's telling you to go snitch to the higher ups and you know the higher ups know what's going on already because you've heard talk through the grapevine already, that they are not happy with this this guy, what's the point in even saying anything?

I've got an ear infection and christ is this painful. Pain relief has stopped working so I basically have to sit here on the sofa for the next 9 or so hours until morning in agony because there is no prospect of sleeping with this.