The "Who Am I" thread...

Thanks to keep the forum!

I am Fabio, from Brazil!
Ive been living overseas (US) but now again at my homeland.
I am 29, and my passion is old school metal, I started listening within 13 y.o maybe
After that, i started play Guitar, but always alone...
I used to work in Aviation field all my life, but now, I would like to start something new...

Something Id never found was a metal girl, but that is for another day, right?
I do love forum, but always surfing the hardware/gaming ones...

I would love to help improve here if i could!

Cheers everyone / Prost!!!

Reactions: Hawk
I am from Australia , almost 40 years of age .... been listening to metal since primary school.

the metal tree is a big tree with many branches and I have explored them all , so there is not just one style of metal I like but many.
Wether it be hair metal , death metal , black metal , atmospheric black metal , etc etc etc etc I like them all.

As an example I could be listening to POISON open up and say ahh one minute ...then BURZUM det som engang var the next.

now listening BATHORY the RETURN.

I am from Australia , almost 40 years of age .... been listening to metal since primary school.

Welcome to the forum. We used to have a regular from down under several years ago, and now our guy in South Africa is moving to Perth.

Good to have another Aussie in here \m/

My real name is Mike, and I'm 47 years old.
I live about an hour or so from Seattle, and have lived in this area since 1989.
I grew up as an Army brat and spent my childhood in Germany (3 times), Oklahoma, Colorado, NYC, Texas and Arizona.
I joined the Navy after I graduated high school and served for 8 years. I still work for the Navy but as a civilian.

My first real exposure to metal was hearing Motorhead's Ace Of Spades album when it first came out, courtesy of my babysitter who also introduced me to Pink Floyd's The Wall, AC/DC's Highway to Hell and Back in Black, as well as Frank Zappa's Sheik Yerbouti album.

I got into Iron Maiden and Judas Priest after that, and got my world turned upside down when I heard Metallica's Ride The Lightning album back in '85. From there, I also got into Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, Testament and Exodus. When I moved to Seattle in '89, I got introduced to Soundgarden and Alice In Chains (and yes, they were considered metal at that time until the alternative crowd got into them as well.). When the grunge explosion happened, I felt like outside of Pantera's albums, Testament's Low and Carcass' Heartwork albums, that good metal was hard to find, so I stuck with the old school metal and classic rock from about '95 to 2000. And I always enjoyed listening to COC. I got introduced to Soilwork and In Flames around '02 or '03 and realized that good metal didn't go away. From there, I got into Lamb Of God, Shadows Fall, Opeth and Gojira.

I'm at the point in my metal listening career where I'll listen to any metal except for death metal. It just never hooked me. I can listen to Metallica, jump to KIllswitch Engage next and then blast some At The Gates after that. I don't give a shit about the metal sub-genres. If it's good, I'll listen to it.

Me-1.jpg

"I'm watching you..."

Welcome the new blood. Stay metal and post hard, just follow the rules.

Reactions: Grievous
sorry I have no pics to post but I'll try to make the words say what I'm talking about...I play guitar as my nickname says. I've played for going on 15 years and absolutely love it. I write songs too and that is also a love of mine but it's only been in the last 4-5 years. I just found this website while watching an online concert. It was The Iron Maidens Ya'll keep posting pics since I have none...

And I really live this site.

Reactions: Hawk