The "Who Am I" thread...

My name is Rick Alvarado.
I live in Michigan, moved here last year from Texas to start a band.
Im 31, gonna be 32 in January, I listen to all kinds if music but the main 2 are heavy metal and blues.
Im a vocalist and write all the lyrics for the band, we just recently started playing shows and are slowly but surely building our audience.
I have a few little talents here and ther including drawing, tattooing, and working with my hands like woodshop, painting, landscaping. Since I.moved here I have been having a really hard time finding a job so Im about to become an apprentice at a tattoo shop.
Had to redo this since I coulndt remember my old email password and I came here and had also forgot my frikin password too, I was El Buzzard,lol, man, I hate it but I had to write it all down this time so I can make sure to post and share this forum with other musicians. I found the site on Facebook so I'll be sharing that page and keeping up with you guys. Hope everyone is doing good. And if you live In Michigan maybe I'll see you at a show and we can get to meet for real! Keep up the good work on this site, it still kicks major ass and I love interracting and reading news.

My name is Rick Alvarado.
I live in Michigan, moved here last year from Texas to start a band.
Im 31, gonna be 32 in January, I listen to all kinds if music but the main 2 are heavy metal and blues.
Im a vocalist and write all the lyrics for the band, we just recently started playing shows and are slowly but surely building our audience.
I have a few little talents here and ther including drawing, tattooing, and working with my hands like woodshop, painting, landscaping. Since I.moved here I have been having a really hard time finding a job so Im about to become an apprentice at a tattoo shop.
Had to redo this since I coulndt remember my old email password and I came here and had also forgot my frikin password too, I was El Buzzard,lol, man, I hate it but I had to write it all down this time so I can make sure to post and share this forum with other musicians. I found the site on Facebook so I'll be sharing that page and keeping up with you guys. Hope everyone is doing good. And if you live In Michigan maybe I'll see you at a show and we can get to meet for real! Keep up the good work on this site, it still kicks major ass and I love interracting and reading news.

Welcome to the insaniquarium.

The site is kind of slow which I blame on Facebook (where we do have a page too *sigh*) and other social networking diseases, but we manage to post here from time to time.

Good to have more musicians aboard too :kickass:

Hey!
This is Rob from Costa Rica. I had to do a brand new profile because I forgot my last one (father time is unforgiving):D
Great to be back and I love the new look! :cool:

Really?

And I was so about to introduce Vicious Robbie to the crowd in Atlanta... :p

This could be overkill as I already wrote in the 'Introduce Yourself' forum, but I'm an old fart from back in the day too.

I used to love forums and spent a lot of time on them between 2001 and about 2007 before Facebook ruined metal communities. I deleted my Facebook account about 8 or 9 months ago and decided to get back into music forums which is better on so many levels. It's good to not be uploading pictures of myself all the time, basically.

Reactions: Wyvern
This could be overkill as I already wrote in the 'Introduce Yourself' forum, but I'm an old fart from back in the day too.

I used to love forums and spent a lot of time on them between 2001 and about 2007 before Facebook ruined metal communities. I deleted my Facebook account about 8 or 9 months ago and decided to get back into music forums which is better on so many levels. It's good to not be uploading pictures of myself all the time, basically.

Welcome to the den of iniquity!

Indeed FB ruined the life of the forums, but some of us try to get back here as often as possible.

Welcome to the den of iniquity!

Indeed FB ruined the life of the forums, but some of us try to get back here as often as possible.

Thanks. The idea of just being able to read (and write) about music without all the crap that goes with Facebook is very refreshing. Holy hell. This is completely liberating from the self-obsessed nonsense of that place.

Reactions: Wyvern
Hi everyone! Rediscovered this forum recently as I am blown away by the new Vektor album and popped into the Evile forum to talk about it with some old chums :) Thought I'd drop by and say hello!

Joe, where the hell have you been?

The people demands a new Thrashist Regime album, listened one more time to the debut a few days ago and never fails to deliver.

"Sentenced to death, to rot in the tower
Counting the days, awaiting the hour
Damned to try fate like a lamb to the slaughter
Die by the hand of the scavenger's daughter"

Welcome back to the insaniquarium.

Cheers guys! Wyv, I sort of got sidetracked with other things and neglected to visit for far too long. Actually I don't know if any of you guys like football (or "soccer" for folk from the United States) but I have actually been busy trying to collect an international jersey from every country in FIFA. I'm very close to having them all now... seriously, I have about 380 shirts in my bedroom! In fact if you're interested you can see them all and read my witterings about them here: www.theglobalobsession.com (most easily navigated if you're on a PC, the index menus don't show up on a mobile, I need to sort that out sometime).

As for Thrashist Regime, everything has been delayed because one of our members was in hospital with organ failure and is waiting for a transplant. But we're still doing stuff, just not playing as many gigs. But we're actually recording our second album at the moment, drums are done, rhythm guitars are getting there, hope to finish them tonight or tomorrow actually. Which will just leave bass, vocals and lead guitars to go! And artwork, booklet, blah blah blah... but we are getting there, I promise! Longer songs on this one and we're going for a bit of a more organic sound drum-wise, the last one was a bit too pristine (although I can still listen to it without cringing too much a few years down the line so it can't be too bad!).

"Insaniquarium" :lol: Love that. Should be a thrash song. Maybe if it isn't one already then I'll make it one :D

How are things with you guys?

Cheers guys! Wyv, I sort of got sidetracked with other things and neglected to visit for far too long. Actually I don't know if any of you guys like football (or "soccer" for folk from the United States) but I have actually been busy trying to collect an international jersey from every country in FIFA. I'm very close to having them all now... seriously, I have about 380 shirts in my bedroom! In fact if you're interested you can see them all and read my witterings about them here: www.theglobalobsession.com (most easily navigated if you're on a PC, the index menus don't show up on a mobile, I need to sort that out sometime).

And where do you sleep? :p

I used to follow the family team back in Argentina, I don't follow anyone here because they all suck! I get a bit more interested during the World Cup, but just a bit :) When I go to he gym if ther'es a goot match form the Euro division I watch otherwise I'm not a fan really.

As for Thrashist Regime, everything has been delayed because one of our members was in hospital with organ failure and is waiting for a transplant. But we're still doing stuff, just not playing as many gigs. But we're actually recording our second album at the moment, drums are done, rhythm guitars are getting there, hope to finish them tonight or tomorrow actually. Which will just leave bass, vocals and lead guitars to go! And artwork, booklet, blah blah blah... but we are getting there, I promise! Longer songs on this one and we're going for a bit of a more organic sound drum-wise, the last one was a bit too pristine (although I can still listen to it without cringing too much a few years down the line so it can't be too bad!).

Sorry to hear, hope he recovers well, that's major stuff. And yes, we'll wait :D

"Insaniquarium" :lol: Love that. Should be a thrash song. Maybe if it isn't one already then I'll make it one :D

How are things with you guys?

Was the name of an online game I used to play in Yahoo. Loved that silly one.

Here business as usual: work, listening to music, looking for spaces to go and take pictures (my hobby), some gym to avoid a bigger tire over the belt :rolleyes:

Good to see you again around \m/