The "Who Am I" thread...

might as well make this my first post.
im from a suburb of buffalo, new york.
im 22. lost in the freedom of my age.
ive had a slew of jobs. nothing id call a career.
for fun, i obviously collect metal albums, but also play guitar and drums, build remote control cars. id like to go on record to say that what i build are nothing like the cars you, your brother, son, etc, had as a kid. they are five times more expensive and ten times faster. i also work on cars. i do all the repairs and maintenance for my friends, as well as work on my own classic ford. i skateboard but ive been doing that less and less as i get older. shows are another obvious hobby.
i have listened to metal for as long as i can remember. my dad used to listen to good music. i listen to just about everything except country and modern pop and rap. but metal is my mainstay.
my favorite bands include, judas priest, iron maiden, manowar, megadeth>metallica, no, thats not a typo. ozzy osbourne, steel panther, etc. mainly hair/power metal.
where im from not many people listen to similar music. so i hope this forum provides metal conversation.

Welcome Deveianse and Nikolai and to the forum. We have a few rules so please read them in the sticky section.

We're not always very active but we always have some topic to discuss, so post and enjoy ;)

Hello Deveianse and Nikolai! Welcome to UMOS Ultimate Metal Old School. I hope you will be come part of our community. Have fun and rock hard!

Who Am I...

* 37 now (female in case you didn't guess already, hehe)

* been into metal since about age 14

* surprisingly the song that completely hooked me on metal was "Neu Regel" by Queensryche (for you old f*cks, that's the B-side, 1st song of Rage for Order, lol)

* favorite bands that are old school:
Megadeth
Pantera
Slayer
Mercyful Fate/King Diamond
Queensryche
Judas Priest
W.A.S.P.
Iron Maiden
etc...

* currently I listen to a lot of Dimmu Borgir, CoF, Ackercocke and other bands that people despise as being "posers" according to the community. Oh well, I like what I like. lol

* Born in New England, USA...currently living in Michigan. Where to next? who knows. ;-)

Welcome to the forum. Is good to have new people around. Just check the rules on the sticky section.

Post and enjoy.

Been around a few months now, but I don't think I properly introduced myself. (Apparently I'm already a senior member! :p )

So anyways...
My name is Dan I'm a 20 y/o dude from Denmark currently studying "Medialogy" at a University (more or less a broad line for computer games, programming, movies & sound).
I only got into metal a few years ago, but it's been a huge part of my life ever since, and I suspect it always will.

My favorite bands include:
Mercyful Fate/King Diamond
Megadeth
Voivod
Cirith Ungol
Manilla Road
Judas Priest
Black Sabbath
Anthrax
Artillery
Death
UFO
Led Zeppelin

And of course there's countless more.
I tend to gravitate to the older bands and most of what I listen to is from the 70s-80s.
Love discovering obscure bands in various genres but tend to stick with Heavy & Thrash, but also Doom and (early!) Death and Black metal.

Glad to be aboard! And since you practically named this board after my forum name, I hope you don't mind me just taking it from here. :devil:

(Also, my sig is a joke taken from a Coven song, just to avoid any misunderstandings. ;) )

Welcome aboard. I already seen your posts. Thanks for collaborate, keep on!

Strange, I had the impression that I already introduced myself over here, but I think it was only in another thread :D

My real name is Fiorella, I'm 48, I live in Lausanne, french part of Switzerland. I'm a disabled woman. Cause of my disability (a rare disease that touch mostly the bones and particularly the joints, I'm also very short height cause of it) I wasn't able to do the job I wanted to do (caring babies) and had to do a study about secretary. I had my diploma, but I never had the luck to work in some other offices than the ones for disabled persons with a very poor salary :devil: Cause of some pain in my elbows, I had to stop to work in 1995.

I'm also a Bible-based Christian person since 1988 and even if I'm a metal/hard rock fan, I'm still putting my faith at the very first place. I'm not a judging anyone and I hate the people who do it, particularly the ones who judge what they don't know :rolleyes:

Since 2009 I was able to do what I still wanted to do, to work with and for metal/hard rock musicians and I'm now feeling very happy.

Name is Tommy Dervan, originally of Memphis but i've been moving around a lot recently. Love my city though. Getting more into metal recently so I joined the forums and am digging deeper. Seems to be some great folks here

Welcome Tom. We are few but proud ;) Just read the rules and enjoy the ride.

Salute amici! My real name is Μιχάλης Μιχαήλ, but I go by Michael Nicolaou. I was born on the 22nd of October, 1993 in Cyprus. Ehhh... I moved to California in the United States when I began 3rd grade here. I have a half sister from my mother's side, who is 24 (? lol), and a half brother from my father's side, who is 2. I'm a very strange in-person and not very social, although I am getting better with convos. I learned my English through video games :D . I play guitar but have recently been really pounding since I want to learn a few Megadeth songs. At the moment, I'm attending community college and I plan to get a Master's Degree in something in the arts department.