The worlds Worst Fuucking Accent?????

Bambi said:
lets just say if you're using a patois badly it all becomes a bit ridiculous INNIT?? If i walked around the hood in philly big upping all the homies I'd be a ludicrous clown and id bet I'd hear about it too :tickled:

theres no bossness in that at all INNIT?? o_O

yo! whats up dude?, yo rule da house muthafoooka

:erk: poor claires and allans posts have disappeared too, well their posts were related to my innocent shenanigans, oh dear :tickled:

hahahaha i can laugh at this though and not get worked up about it me mate aye :lol: , ah no here ill use 5 cos i so want to be like you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: is this your slang too?

I don't know if the Europeans will understand this...shite, maybe you will. Anyway, the midwestern American accent drives me up the fucking wall. North and South Dakota, Minnesota, etc. have this accent that is EXACTLY like the people in the movie Fargo. Great movie, annoying accents. A southern drawl isn't that annoying as it is funny. I'm from the south, and I don't really have an accent anymore from travelling across the world so much. After about three months in a new place, I had to lose the accent. Thankfully, I did because little did I know I would be moving to Europe a few years later. Now I guess I just have a "normal" American accent. A few words I may slur sometimes, but nothing too dramatic. Snow2Fall, what did you think about my accent at the Atrocity gig in Salzburg? Was it heavy American, or just normal? Sometimes I don't even know myself.

The funniest thing is that I now speak with a mix of Italian and English, and find myself speaking English sometimes the way my Italian friends speak English...it's quite humorous.

I like southern drawl, if heard of university english teachers in the states telling southernerns to pronounce english words "properly" . twats, Its far better than most godawful sterile 'merican accents. keep that drawl y'all

thrashmetal78 said:
I don't know if the Europeans will understand this...shite, maybe you will. Anyway, the midwestern American accent drives me up the fucking wall. North and South Dakota, Minnesota, etc. have this accent that is EXACTLY like the people in the movie Fargo. Great movie, annoying accents. A southern drawl isn't that annoying as it is funny. I'm from the south, and I don't really have an accent anymore from travelling across the world so much. After about three months in a new place, I had to lose the accent. Thankfully, I did because little did I know I would be moving to Europe a few years later. Now I guess I just have a "normal" American accent. A few words I may slur sometimes, but nothing too dramatic. Snow2Fall, what did you think about my accent at the Atrocity gig in Salzburg? Was it heavy American, or just normal? Sometimes I don't even know myself.

The funniest thing is that I now speak with a mix of Italian and English, and find myself speaking English sometimes the way my Italian friends speak English...it's quite humorous.

I have a teacher from minnesota, and he doesn't quite have an accent I think. Or maybe i've gotten so used to the american voice. the only thing i've noticed is he talks very slowly and quite precisely as he's thinking about how every letter should sound best. Though he always makes fun of the hungarian girl and me because it's a class on america and he starts out always with "I don't know how you do things in YOUR country, but this is what we do in america." and it really pisses me off because he doesn't bother to ask us. he just likes to talk about america. :yell:
I've been here 2 and a half years not. i haven't seen the movie fargo though, is it worth watching?

korsfarer said:
yes!!

and they say y'll and fixin' and huntin' and wrestlin', and I often wonder if the "g" has been left out of american english. no one told me this before i came to school here, and my first "huntin'" season, I was confused as all hell.

That accent can be pretty damn irritating. Oh yes, in rural areas, "huntin' season" is like a goddamn national holiday or something. Schools where I live usually get the Monday after Thanksgiving off because it's the first day of Buck season. Where are you from, by the way? Your screename looks like a Norwegian name.

korsfarer said:
I have a teacher from minnesota, and he doesn't quite have an accent I think. Or maybe i've gotten so used to the american voice. the only thing i've noticed is he talks very slowly and quite precisely as he's thinking about how every letter should sound best. Though he always makes fun of the hungarian girl and me because it's a class on america and he starts out always with "I don't know how you do things in YOUR country, but this is what we do in america." and it really pisses me off because he doesn't bother to ask us. he just likes to talk about america. :yell:
I've been here 2 and a half years not. i haven't seen the movie fargo though, is it worth watching?
I detest teachers like that...I don't like how we Americans (me excluded) always try to compare America with somewhere else. If they truly knew how the rest of the world was, maybe they wouldn't be so arrogant...for lack of a better word.

Anyway, Fargo is fucking great...somewhat grim and boring at times, but the wood chipper scene...holy shit...you just gotta see it.

MoonsOfJupiter said:
That accent can be pretty damn irritating. Oh yes, in rural areas, "huntin' season" is like a goddamn national holiday or something. Schools where I live usually get the Monday after Thanksgiving off because it's the first day of Buck season. Where are you from, by the way? Your screename looks like a Norwegian name.

yeah norway would be it. but my father lives in england now (he was from england orginially)

but now i'm going to school in pennsylvania because somehow it sounded like a good idea :erk: but i'm almost done.

thrashmetal78 said:
I detest teachers like that...I don't like how we Americans (me excluded) always try to compare America with somewhere else. If they truly knew how the rest of the world was, maybe they wouldn't be so arrogant...for lack of a better word.

Anyway, Fargo is fucking great...somewhat grim and boring at times, but the wood chipper scene...holy shit...you just gotta see it.
i've found some americans with good minds over here. you're definitely not all bad. it seems like those who should be more open (like my professor) are the worst! i had a fun time over here and met some great people, and would love to continue to visit, but i don't think this is the country for me. people usually don't tell by looking at me, but as soon as i open my mouth they know i'm not from america (accent) and they treat me differently i think!

and i'll look for Fargo sometime this holiday. i'm stuck here (poor money management for the most part. plane tickets are expensive)