Themed Mixtape Game

Yeah, because people watch too much American TV and pick it up.

These same people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're" and "it's" and "its" and they try to use apostrophes to pluralise words so they don't count.

Random example: in America, scones are called biscuits and in England biscuits are hard, but in America hard biscuits are called cookies.

Well, Scotland uses biscuit the American way, because scones were once called biscuits in England, but it died out as the name for scones. Scotland retained the language.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
Cookie:

latest

Biscuit:
27715_mcvities-biscuit.gif_5568679db40cd.jpg

Scone:

small_plain_scone.jpg

We have every word, we just apply them to the correct articles.

Reactions: Phylactery
So wait I'm confused, there's a lot of scones, biscuits and cookies in there which are all different things. If they call scones biscuits, what do they call scones?

@Internally Deformed cookie is an Americanism.

If by mere fact of usage by the English you deem it correct, why was it not correct before, when the English people called scones, biscuits?

So wait I'm confused, there's a lot of scones, biscuits and cookies in there which are all different things. If they call scones biscuits, what do they call scones?

Scones = biscuits.

But you call them biscuits? And you call all what we consider to be biscuits cookies, even though they are different things?

A biscuit is not a cookie here. A cookie is different.

There's no such thing as a scone in WV.

From the pictures Internally Deformed posted...

Literally:
Cookie
Cookie
Biscuit

Whatever bitch, you took our language and because you're so egotistical you decided that you can't just leave it the same and instead have to make changes. I lost all respect when I found out "gotten" was correct in American English. Sounds fucking stupid.

We changed the language? You're the ones who decided that all those R's were a pain to pronounce; Americans in places like New York and New England only started dropping them in imitation of you folks.

Well didn't the cookie (well what we consider cookies) come from America so when we started getting them over here we adopted the name? Since we're not arrogant enough to give it a new name or change its spelling. Just like we adopted words such as "bolognese".