Time for the Maiden Downunder Awards

They can get rather militant, can't they? I blame the universities. If it wasn't for student politics and newsletter/leaflet drives, no-one would have any idea what the word "patriarchy" means :).

That said, feminists are no different from any other kind of political zealot. They can't enjoy life because they're too busy tarring every aspect of it with the brush of inequality and injustice.

Philosophically speaking, I think of myself as an existentialist. I'm reminded of the time Jean- Paul Sartre went into a pub and the barman said to him. "How 'bout a beer, mate?" Sartre replied "I think not" and disappeared :lol:

W

Perhaps I shall... I might download it once I get another mp3 getting thingamo.

I suppose its too much to hope for that the song is a heavy metal masterpiece in the thrash style about her killing a whole village in the hamptons or something? :)

Originally posted by Wrathchild
They can get rather militant, can't they? I blame the universities. If it wasn't for student politics and newsletter/leaflet drives, no-one would have any idea what the word "patriarchy" means :).

That said, feminists are no different from any other kind of political zealot. They can't enjoy life because they're too busy tarring every aspect of it with the brush of inequality and injustice.

Philosophically speaking, I think of myself as an existentialist. I'm reminded of the time Jean- Paul Sartre went into a pub and the barman said to him. "How 'bout a beer, mate?" Sartre replied "I think not" and disappeared :lol:

W

Zuh? This sort of shit is why you got voted smartest bber :mad: ;)

Feminists suck ass, but they are pretty funny!

Why did he disappear? All the guy did was ask him if he wanted a beer. I find that to be a bit rude to be honest.

:lol:

W

:lol: Hehehe... Beer...

Actually, that was Descartes. Sartre expended the concept and made it one of the cornerstones of existential thinking. He's also responsible for one of my favourite phrases "L'enfer, c'est les autres" ie "Hell is other people."

W

Well, I was close :bah:

I started reading "Beyond Good and Evil" by Neitzsche this morning on the train. I'm going to buy a Dragonlance novel at lunch time to read on the train home.

Ah, Neitzsche...

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster. For when you look into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you."

W

Ahhh Spiderman...

"With great power comes great responsibility."

:D

True, but he gets to snog Kirsten Dunst. Far better than mating with a spider IMHO.

I should really stop freeze-framing the alley scene on my Spiderman DVD just so I can leer at MJ's wet t-shirt.

Then again, I should really stop doing a lot of things, such as posting on here about my layman's grasp of philosophy :lol:.
I do have a life somewhere, it's just buried under all the books in my room.

W