TOOL: question for NON-American Opeth fans

deliverance

ecnareviled
Aug 12, 2003
NJ, usa
www.audioscrobbler.com
I wanted non-American's opinion on the band TOOL. I know European, and other countries are known for having more extreme music, but I think this is an excellent band. Every element and member of the band, is amazing. What do you guys think?

Tool are one of my all-time favourite bands.

My favourite album is Lateralus.

Don't take offence at this but one of the best things about tool is that they don't paint with the same brush as most other american artists. There are very few who don't come accross as pretentious, not that there arn't some great bands mind. MetallicA were a great band but i find it very hard too see past thier being complete wankers that are only interested in what will sell instead of what will move.

Tool on the other hand are something very special, unlike so many bands that are getting a lot of spotlight thesedays, Tool will be remembered for a long time to come. Magick!

I really tried to like Them... downloaded some songs (Hooker with a penis and 2 more i don't remember) but they didn't do anything for me. The music was hard to grasp and it was more like, noise. Now i don't say they suck, just that i didn't like them :(

They're one of my favourite bands. Even though they've only put out 3 actual albums they've had such a huge effect on so many people. I think they just keep getting better with every album.

I like Tool, I own all their albums. They take alot of patience to listen to, especially their ambient noises. They all start to make sense after a while. I'm from Western Australia by the way. I went to their concert last year in May and it fuckin' rocked the house.

Bought lateralus one day but it doesn't work for me. It's kinda like a melting pot of sounds. The drums, the guitars, the voice... they are all great in their own right but when they blend together they sound like one. The blend together, like listening to waves break. Nothing really stands out. I find it hard to keep up my concentration when listening to them.

xxChaoticManifestoxx said:
I like Tool, I own all their albums. They take alot of patience to listen to, especially their ambient noises. They all start to make sense after a while. I'm from Western Australia by the way. I went to their concert last year in May and it fuckin' rocked the house.

i'm from Western Australia and i went to the concert too it fucking rocked :D i am a tool fan
opeth and tool = my two fav bands, opeth just in lead, love it *two thumbs up*

Im a little scared of what maynards gonna do with whatever new album they put out ... I didn't like not one sound or word on the new APC. That's no indication of another Tool album but it seems like either Maynards loosing his juice or just taking a break from everything that is intense (tool) ....

Hopefully something new will come in the next 5 years

Tool is my favorite band. You really gotta understand the time and effort put into the songs. Just read the lyrics and you'll understand. For the duller and slower people out there they may look like mumbo jumbo artsy fartsy crap to you but when you get to know the real meaning of the lyrics the songs become so much better.

Also Maynard's voice and Danny's drumming are great. Those two are the main pieces of the band, with Adam providing the awesome videos and art, and Justin with the steady bass playing.

But seriously Maynard, release an album damnit!

TOOL are my all time fav band
the effort yes
but they are so unique in everything they do...
and their live show is visually and aurally breathtaking..
spectacular
i saw em twice already in syd

i own two copies of my fav album Aenima in 3d cover
and also have Lateralus
they are flawless

but i guess as far as the opinions go
its either you love em or you hate em

i love em

Flood said:
Just read the lyrics and you'll understand. For the duller and slower people out there they may look like mumbo jumbo artsy fartsy crap to you but when you get to know the real meaning of the lyrics the songs become so much better.
One of the biggest tool fan boys i know said this and i laughed. I don't know how lyrics can make music any better. Maybe the beauty and meaning becomes a little bit better, but never the music.