Top 5 WORST metal albums of all time...

Trivium are terrible and have not actually listened to any of their cds full which is a great thing.

Worst Metal Albums.

Devourment `molesting the decapitated(any BDM metal album)
Mortician `chainsaw dismemberment
Darkthrone `transilvanian hunger
Six Feet Under `bringer of blood
In Flames `soundtrack to your escape
Deicide `in torment in hell. any deicide album actually

Fucking fail @ Devourment, "any BDM album", Darkthrone, and "any Deicide album" being on your list.

Fucking tweedle-dee cock tree.

I'm more willing to regard an album that is universally disliked to be "the worst" than an album praised by one crowd and loathed by another. At least the principles of logic dictate.

Fucking fail @ Devourment, "any BDM album", Darkthrone, and "any Deicide album" being on your list.

Fucking tweedle-dee cock tree.
I agree. I really like Devourment, and especially Darkthrone (TH is an essential, groundbreaking bm classic). And I doubt that Deicide album is anywhere close to the worst metal album ever. Aside from his liking for old school death metal, The Greys has pretty crappy taste, especially him saying that all black metal and brutal death sucks.

If I were to make a list based on bands I hate, it would something like this: any WASP, any Dream Theater, any Led Zeppelin (not quite metal, but I hate them so much I feel I need to include them), any Sleep (or any stoner doom for that matter), any Six Feet Under....... But I know that's not true. I personally think it's impossible to make a list of five worst metal albums. For some reason, picking out the very worst albums is far more difficult than picking out the best, which is already very difficult.

Two of those albums aren't even metal (the Metallica albums), and there are many metal albums worse than those two Cannibal Corpse albums (I actually quite like Kill). I've never heard that Testament album, so I can't comment on it.

WOW!
I didn't expect Testament's Formation of damnation is such a massive disappointment for some people, okay I think it's not bad but I also expected a lot more of it.
definitly not one of their best albums that's for sure..

WOW!
I didn't expect Testament's Formation of damnation is such a massive disappointment for some people, okay I think it's not bad but I also expected a lot more of it.
What is it exactly that surprised you so much? That I haven't heard Formation of Damnatio? Now I am curious and will have to check it out. As far as Testament goes, I find that their first two albums are by far the best.

WOW!

There's not one redeeming quality in that album. I don't know what's so surprising about it, even more so knowing that Alex is back.

I enjoy it. The songs sounded real good live too.

I haven't heard those songs live, so can't really comment. I've listened to the album plenty of times and just find it uninteresting, just bulldozing its way through your ears with no standout moments. To each his own I guess.

Cannibal Corpse is pussy death, but to call anything they have released the worst of all metal albums is seriously stretching it.

I agree. I really like Devourment, and especially Darkthrone (TH is an essential, groundbreaking bm classic). And I doubt that Deicide album is anywhere close to the worst metal album ever. Aside from his liking for old school death metal, The Greys has pretty crappy taste, especially him saying that all black metal and brutal death sucks.

So my taste is crappy because I don't like BDM and find majority of BM horrible so if I started listening to both would have good taste or my taste would be better improving ?. Honestly how would listening to either improve my taste especially being I have 'pretty crappy taste'.

So my taste is crappy because I don't like BDM and find majority of BM horrible so if I started listening to both would have good taste or my taste would be better improving ?. Honestly how would listening to either improve my taste especially being I have 'pretty crappy taste'.
It's more how you label the whole genres as crap. It's one thing to say you hate a genre, and another to say that it sucks. When I hate a band or genre, I try to always remember to say that I hate it, and not that it sucks. For instance, I'm sure you've seen me write many times how I hate Led Zeppelin, but I've never said they suck. You saying that black metal sucks would be just as ridiculous as me saying Led Zeppelin sucks. Jimmy Page is not an especially good guitarist, but that's beside the point.

Jimmy Page also doesn't play in a style that demands he be a technically amazing guitar player, since all of his work is based off of blues and folk songs.