Top 5 WORST metal albums of all time...

The first Zonata album, the worst power metal album ever made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lPTz7EMTZA
I was listening to the first one and I was wondering what was so amazingly bad about it when the vocals started.

But really, I'm sure the 5 worst albums of all time are all black metal made by some kids in a basement with 10 dollar mics. Black metal has the potential to be amazing, but it can also be worse than anything you've ever heard.

Folk Metal is fail in general. I think I said it before, but folk melodies only work in small doses in some Black Metal songs. Take Nemesis Divina for example.

Bloodbath `nightmares made flesh is a modern day DM masterpiece. Blakkheim from Katatonia and Dan Swanö on guitars, they deliver. what more can you ask for

Folk Metal is fail in general. I think I said it before, but folk melodies only work in small doses in some Black Metal songs. Take Nemesis Divina for example.

So you aren't a folk metal fan. This doesn't automatically mean the majority of folk/black metal mix is fail.

Yeah Eluveite are pretty meh at best.

But why do you have a vendetta against Nightmares Made Flesh?
Doesn't make much sense, if you like Peter Tatgren/Hypocrisy(probably not spelled right) mixed with OSDM then theres no reason to hate it.

NMF sucks. I don't like the majority of OSDM and I probably wouldn't like Hypocrisy the way you're making it sound

Frankly: Nightmares Made Flesh is boring, uninspired death metal like the rest of Bloodbath's catalog.

Jimmy Page also doesn't play in a style that demands he be a technically amazing guitar player, since all of his work is based off of blues and folk songs.
This is true. I also don't find him to be a particularly inventive songwriter, either. A lot of his riffs are formulaic and prosaic. Take the main riff of Black Dog, for instance. Kind of a random sequence of notes in the pentatonic scale. Even I can write better riffs than that.

WOW!
I didn't expect Testament's Formation of damnation is such a massive disappointment for some people, okay I think it's not bad but I also expected a lot more of it.
definitly not one of their best albums that's for sure..

Man, the new Testament sucks. The first time I listened to it I was cooking (therefore not paying attention) so I thought it might have been somewhat passable, but then I actually listened to it & it bored me to tears. It's nowhere near the top 5 worst of all time though.

This is true. I also don't find him to be a particularly inventive songwriter, either. A lot of his riffs are formulaic and prosaic. Take the main riff of Black Dog, for instance. Kind of a random sequence of notes in the pentatonic scale. Even I can write better riffs than that.

Page is an alright guitarist. A lot of things he did later guitarists built upon. Those guys were a humongous influence on metal. I'm not saying that makes them good by default, but Zeppelin were really good. Listen to "Houses of the Holy". That album brings back so many fond memories of mine. I never quite understood the m3zzag3 bor3d hat3 for Zeppelin I've stumbled upon a few times.

So basically, you're faulting a blues guitarist for playing a blues riff. That makes a lot of sense. :rolleyes:

I admit that a lot of people overrate his playing ability, but your criticism of him basically seems to be misguided.

He's not playing the pentatonic scale in sequence, but the riff is sure as hell based in the minor pentatonic blues scale with maybe a few accidentals (notes that fall outside the scale) here and there. I still maintain that Page is an extremely overrated guitarist and Led Zeppelin were an extremely overrated band.