Traditional Doom Metal

Rituals of the Oak have just released their third album, cleverly titled "Mach III". It's quite a departure to their previous albums, a couple of songs will definitely take you by surprise. The production is fantastic, very strong songwriting and of Sabine's vocals are better than ever. There's also a very cool Fates Warning cover. It might take a few listens to fully appreciate it, but it's well worth it.

https://ritualsoftheoak.bandcamp.com/

Reactions: CiG
Anyone want to recommend me some stuff similar to Solstice, Scald, and Doomsword?

Just recently finished my collections on these guys and want more. I remember Nomad Son being similar (Think I have First Light on winyl) but they just arent as good as the others... which is probably unfair comparison in the first place.

New Cromlech:

Anyone want to recommend me some stuff similar to Solstice, Scald, and Doomsword?

Just recently finished my collections on these guys and want more. I remember Nomad Son being similar (Think I have First Light on winyl) but they just arent as good as the others... which is probably unfair comparison in the first place.

Off the top: Forsaken, Lords of Triumph, Majesty in Ruin, Nupraptor (posted it earlier), Griftegard, Dark Covenant, Sorcerer, Northern Crown, Elfspell, Wishdoom, early Ereb Altor.

Did you ever get into Capille Ardiente?

Also, if you took some of Doomsword's doom metal out:

Also, the Official Pagan Altar FB page posted these. Pretty cool if you ask me.

27337184_2110669528948140_1995887647426277151_n.jpg

27073298_2110669468948146_3304803673489857695_n.jpg

27332637_2110669472281479_3756433576195165602_n.jpg

These pictures are the earliest photos of the very first band my dad put together with me. I suppose you could call it the genesis of Pagan Altar. This band was called Liquid Gas. (A very 70s name) and it was formed in 1973 when I was 11.The other members were sons and friends of people my dad worked with and were all a couple of years older than me. The pictures look like they were taken in 1974ish at Westminster boys club Nunhead where we rehearsed sometimes. We would rehearse on the weekend because the hall was closed all day and we had the run of the hall for as long as we wanted it. We would go in at about 9.00 o’clock on a Saturday morning and come out at about 11.00 o’clock that night. It was a long day but it certainly made me disciplined when it came to rehearsing.

The band were playing all covers in the first couple of years because we were starting from scratch and although I had been playing since I was eight, I had never played in a band.

Narcissus Complex, walking in the dark and March of the dead all came out of the later part of Liquid gas.

As usual band members left and got replaced and the standard got a bit better as we went along. After Liquid gas had finally blown itself out (so to speak) we had a break of about 6 months then started again as Hydra.

Did you ever try to contact the band? I've purchased things directly from them in the past, really cool guys to deal with.

Probably wasnt a bad idea but got it from a discogs seller.

Also noticed Lord Vicar - Signs of Osiris is available at Shadow Kingdom/Hell's Headbangers for decent price. Pretty tough album to find state side.

God, how did we let this fucking die? Anyways...

https://hourofthirteen.blogspot.com/

tl;dr: Hour of 13 is now Hour of Thirteen and play deathrock almost goth rock/doom stuff. Definitely cool stuff. Scroll down for a song sample.

I'm a little hesitant to buy into it given that Hour of 13 was supposed to come back like 3 times now but hopefully this is gonna happen.

So I have the new Iron Void waiting on my book shelf. Also listened to the Troll from SKR a few times. Decent album.