Traditional Doom Metal

Also, happy that I have the first three Forsaken albums coming my way from the UK. I’ve never heard Evermore or Anima Mundi in their entirety but I had a crappy rip of Dominaeon for years.

Really good, seemingly little known band. Pentateuch was a great album I’ve listened to quite a few times since 2017. I know Omni didn’t like it but his taste in doom metal was always lacking. (And After the Fall is awesome too)

Cool deserty vibes. Not what I was expecting from the album art. Would buy a cd but it looks like wax only right now.

So Isole, I dont have Forevermore, Born from Shadows, and The Calm Hunter. Are these albums worth tracking down? They arent super readily available in the US so I'll be hitting discogs, probably in the $15-20 range each from overseas. I also need a non-promo copy of Bliss of Solitude.

Also if anyone has any of these they're looking to sell let me know.

Born from Shadows, and The Calm Hunter.

Their weakest but still quite good IMO. 7/10 territory stuff.

Forevermore

Absolutely worth tracking down, for me on par with Bliss of Solitude and Silent Ruins.

I've actually never really gotten into that bad, so I'm sorry I can't contribute here, but what would you recommend that I start with?

Throne of fucking Void, nigga.

I've actually never really gotten into that bad, so I'm sorry I can't contribute here, but what would you recommend that I start with?

Throne of Void is great too. I'm not super familiar with Bliss of Solitude because I'm annoyed the guy sent me a cheap ass cardboard slipcase promo without mentioning it.

Reactions: Sophii
Got Forevermore from a guy in Greece. As a bonus he had a sealed copy of Spiritus Mortis - Fallen for super cheap.

My copy of the new Candlemass should be here Saturday. Will wait until it’s in hand.

So continuing my theme of snatching up doom metal full length discographies, I think Mirror of Deception is next on my list. Any albums super mandatory compared to the others?

My copy of the new Candlemass should be here Saturday. Will wait until it’s in hand.

So continuing my theme of snatching up doom metal full length discographies, I think Mirror of Deception is next on my list. Any albums super mandatory compared to the others?
Foregone and Shards are my personal favorites. A Smouldering Fire is quality, too.

Reactions: CiG