Traditional Doom Metal

So continuing my theme of snatching up doom metal full length discographies, I think Mirror of Deception is next on my list. Any albums super mandatory compared to the others?

Forgone is definitely the quintessential Mirror of Deception album and if you don't really love that album when you check it out, the rest probably won't be worth your time y'know? Their newest album from last year was also quite cool.

I remember Shards being cool from my blogspot download years but for whatever reason I just never bought an album. Been on a lesser known doom metal band kick and these guys have been on my radar for over a decade. Well overdue.

Reactions: CiG
Anyone looking for their stuff, they have Foregone and Estuary on their bandcamp, found Shards and A Smouldering Fire on pulverised record'd ebay account for next to nothing.

Yeah I just recently bought their first three but I've owned After the Fall forever. They're a rare band that I seem to like their later day material better. Musically I would absolutely love Evermore but I just dont know what the fuck Leo Stivala was doing on that album. When he was using his actual singing voice the album was fantastic.Then he starts doing some really bad Ozzy impersonation randomly on some songs and its fucking awful. Hes the only one listed on vocals on the album so I assume it was him and have no idea what he was thinking. Glad he stopped doing it after that.

The Black Powder, coming 3rd of May...

766144.jpg

!

Wish they’d get on a better label though. Church Within doesn’t distribute worth a shit and their releases are generally expensive.

Reactions: rms

@EspaDa you ever check out Mortalicum before? Feel like you might dig them. Features one of the guys from Quicksand Dream, he sent me some free albums when I purchased Aelin off him ages ago and they're pretty good. Pretty groovy and fun 70's hard rock/doom metal.

Reactions: EspaDa

@EspaDa you ever check out Mortalicum before? Feel like you might dig them. Features one of the guys from Quicksand Dream, he sent me some free albums when I purchased Aelin off him ages ago and they're pretty good. Pretty groovy and fun 70's hard rock/doom metal.

This shit rocks heavily, my man! The statement "for fans of Grand Magus [...]" is completely true!

Really liking Brazilian trio Fallen Idol at the moment. Currently listening to their latest, Mourn the Earth which so far is proving to be their strongest. The vocals are so melodramatic. It's awesome.

Also really loving the similarly named Fall of the Idols. The Tales of Doom and Woe split with Forsaken is great.