Traditional Doom Metal

pretty sure i listened to the whole album a few nights ago and that shit was so fucking trippy. getting more into doom metal

I know you’re huffing a bag of dog shit right now or something but this ain’t really the thread for Electric Wizard. Get fucked up and listen to Come My Fanatics... at maximum volume. Your brain won’t survive it.

Reactions: CiG
I know you’re huffing a bag of dog shit right now or something but this ain’t really the thread for Electric Wizard. Get fucked up and listen to Come My Fanatics... at maximum volume. Your brain won’t survive it.

nah i do more fun drugs now but Electric Wizard is pretty much the definition of newer traditional doom metal...they pretty much modernized the sound of Master of Reality.

I took DXM and DPH together and at some point during the trip i put Black Masses on and it was fucking intense. I wanna get more into doom metal i havent really listened beyond a few bands

They sound like a slower, fuzzier mix of Sabbath, Saint Vitus, and Pentagram

otherwise known as stoner doom metal.

unsure how they sound like Vitus much either but whatever.

It’s a shame how much they’ve fallen apart since Black Masses. I blame it on Uncle Acid stealing a fuckton of their thunder and then trying to sound more like UA. Last album was fuckin awful and the one before it was recorded so shittily its unlistenable.

But I’m going to quit talking about them here because it’s off topic.

has any trad doom even been released in 2020?

Reactions: CiG
This has become my favorite kind of music over the last few months; mostly as a direct result of me fanboying over Master of Reality. Here's some of what I've been listening to (including some epic stuff):

Black Sabbath
Trouble
The Skull
Saint Vitus
The Obsessed
Spirit Caravan
Count Raven
Pentagram
Place of Skulls
The Hounds of Hasselvander
Sorcerer
Internal Void
Iron Man
Pale Divine
Revelation
The Gates of Slumber
Under the Sun
Starchild
Well of Souls
Solitude Aeternus
Candlemass
Forsaken
Nomad Son
Pylon

This has become my favorite kind of music over the last few months; mostly as a direct result of me fanboying over Master of Reality. Here's some of what I've been listening to (including some epic stuff):

Black Sabbath
Trouble
The Skull
Saint Vitus
The Obsessed
Spirit Caravan
Count Raven
Pentagram
Place of Skulls
The Hounds of Hasselvander
Sorcerer
Internal Void
Iron Man
Pale Divine
Revelation
The Gates of Slumber
Under the Sun
Starchild
Well of Souls
Solitude Aeternus
Candlemass
Forsaken
Nomad Son
Pylon

Bruh, you wanna be my friend? Nothing sexual, but that list is fire.

Well now that you've clarified that it's not in "teh gay way" I can "get behind" that.

Seriously though, I've read through this whole thread and I've been hoping that some folks are still around to talk to about DOOOOOMMMMMM.

you check out Purification yet? One of the better new bands in the genre recently, imo. Just put their second album out this year.