Traditional Doom Metal

I got Spiritus Mortis s/t a couple weeks ago and since I didn't really have internet access at the time, I was unable to post about how much it fucking rocks.

Anyway, I can't wait to pick up Fallen and the new one when it comes out.

edit: Oh yeah, and now this is the first I'm hearing about Warning. That fucking blows, but I don't see how a follow up to Watching From A Distance would be possible. It would have to be a let down OR it would be better, which would actually cause everyone who listened to it to die because mortal man can only handle so much awesome.

I haven't heard the CD but I own the two vinyls it is compiled of. It is quite good, the second one is definitely better than the first. Don't expect standard traditional doom in the vein of Reverend Bizarre. It is much more uncompromisning, and not very catchy at all. It's not bad though, kinda reminds me of Fall of the Idols - The Seance in some ways, but more extreme.

I listened to it last night. It's certainly not immediate, but there is plenty there to keep one coming back. Albert's distinctive crawling vocals are of course brilliant.

More info in the booklet would have been nice, but I understand Albert wants this band to remain sort of a mystery.

Everybody seems to have a different favourite, but all three albums are brilliant. My personal favourite is Mythical And Magical, I can listen to that for days on end and never get sick of it.

I second that,this album is beyond amazing,although as someone else mentioned all three are brilliant,what a great band

WARNING Split Explained - Jan. 22, 2009
British doom legends WARNING have split up after 15 years of existence and two albums. The band's sole remaining original member, Patrick Walker, commented: "The decision to discontinue WARNING has been both a pain and a purgation to me. For the past two years or so, WARNING has been a considerably important part of my life, what with travelling and playing shows, writing new music and a gradual but increasing interest in the band, largely helped by Cyclone Empire's re-releasing of both records and making them for the first time easily obtainable to people. However, I started the band in 1994. I was a different person when I began playing with WARNING; I had different musical objectives; different ideals; different influences and inspirations. Now, in order to make music that retains some semblance of integrity and wholeness, I realize I need to move on. This shouldn't be thought of as 'the end' of something; I have, after all, been the sole remaining original member of the band in its most recent lineup for almost a year now; in this respect, WARNING is little more than a band name. So before I complete work on what will be the material for the next album, I need a new band; a new context within which to work.

"I hope people continue their interest in my music, and all further information concerning it will be officially made known through Cyclone Empire with whom I am very happy to say I will continue to work as originally proposed."

Uh...awesome. I've always had a problem with their vocals, so maybe now I can actually listen to them.

In other news, Sami Hynninen aka Albert from Reverend Bizarre is Spiritus Mortis's new singer.

The new song they released is excellent! His voice works perfectly with the music.

Along with that, I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the new Procession "The Cult of Disease" EP.

WARNING Split Explained - Jan. 22, 2009
British doom legends WARNING have split up after 15 years of existence and two albums. The band's sole remaining original member, Patrick Walker, commented: "The decision to discontinue WARNING has been both a pain and a purgation to me. For the past two years or so, WARNING has been a considerably important part of my life, what with travelling and playing shows, writing new music and a gradual but increasing interest in the band, largely helped by Cyclone Empire's re-releasing of both records and making them for the first time easily obtainable to people. However, I started the band in 1994. I was a different person when I began playing with WARNING; I had different musical objectives; different ideals; different influences and inspirations. Now, in order to make music that retains some semblance of integrity and wholeness, I realize I need to move on. This shouldn't be thought of as 'the end' of something; I have, after all, been the sole remaining original member of the band in its most recent lineup for almost a year now; in this respect, WARNING is little more than a band name. So before I complete work on what will be the material for the next album, I need a new band; a new context within which to work.

"I hope people continue their interest in my music, and all further information concerning it will be officially made known through Cyclone Empire with whom I am very happy to say I will continue to work as originally proposed."

I'm glad, because I remember hearing that he had future plans and then the band was splitting up, which made me sad. Now I'm happy. :)