Traditional Doom Metal

So Epicurean Mass *really* leaves me wanting more....how are Orodruin's random other songs like in their '99 demo or their split with Reverend Bizarre?

Monday, March 15, 2010

En no Ozunu EP
At some point over the coming months we will be recording a new EP entitled En no Ozunu. It will most likely be released by ourselves in a strictly limited edition format & will contain 3 re-worked old songs plus 1 new one. More news as it happens! If anyone needs a copy of In Situ then please note you need to get in contact with Miskatonic or any affiliate distros directly as we don't have any for sale ourselves.

I know most of you are poser fools that dont like The River but you should and this is cool news especially if it's a new singer

I'm liking The River a bit; all their slower songs rule but I'm not sure what I think about the fast parts yet.

I listened to it 3 times and did not like it at all, maybe a few weeks in the field will help me enjoy it. But it will be following Court in the Act, not a good chance for that to happen!

I'm enjoying it a fair bit, though some of the riffs sound like they've been recycled from the first album. Demons All Around Me is probably my favourite track.

The new Apostle Of Solitude album is pretty good too. Much more varied than Sincerest Misery.

Overall I love each of their releases.

Fall of the Idols self titled release is pretty damn good. Production sounds more "robust" than The Séance's, but I feel this is a benefit in many ways (everyone has their own preferences when it comes to this, so I'll go no further than this). The songs aren't as bleak sounding as many of The Séance's are, but you will definitely hear some mournful vocalizations when you hear songs like Crawl Back in my Hole or Vile Matters. The thing that will really stand out though is that this release is pretty uptempo; a good comparison for track speed would be At the Birth of the Human Shadow. The whole release is sophomoric compared to there other main releases, but I think it is still pretty damn good.

The Womb of the Earth is, in my opinion, a fantastic album – but it is an altogether different monster than The Séance . You won't get knocked in the face with the shear bleakness that you will find from tracks off of The Séance like An Age Comes to its End or Nosophoros, but it is there. Songs tend to have a repetitious form, but this ends up making the eventual refrains sound very pleasing. I only found maybe one or two tracks that weren't as well written as the rest of the others, but most people I know tend to agree that you can never go wrong with these songs: The Pathway, Ungodly Thirteen and Keep Wandering the Night. These tracks seem to have elements that were expanded upon in The Séance (you'll definitely hear some variations of riffs found on that album).

The Agonies be thy Children demo is a good listen to see what the band came through, but the only benefit is to hear Beneath the Burning Sun, which is an interesting song in that it contains some awesome foreshadowing.

hooded menace rule.
eveoken anyone
doomed

cerberus, an old school demo band had some prime shit.

Listening the Ancestors "Of Sound Mind" and loving it. Amazing fusion of 70s psychedelic hard rock and doom. Recommended for all I think. Any similar bands?