Traditional Doom Metal

I'm too busy listening to Epicus, Nightfall, Ancient Dreams, and Tales of Creation to really care about any of their other albums. I have the same problem with Pagan Altar...

I'm too busy listening to Epicus, Nightfall, Ancient Dreams, and Tales of Creation to really care about any of their other albums. I have the same problem with Pagan Altar...

You always feel the need to say this... Yet lords of hypocrisy and mythical & magical are just as good and probably better than the first. Also, you can list three candlemass albums but only one pagan altar? Whats up with that?

lords of hypocrisy and mythical & magical are just as good and probably better than the first.

No. The first album is clearly the best, and Lords of Hypocrisy is much better than Mythical and Magical. I don't understand why so many people on this forum seem to favor that album...maybe because it has a lot more of a 'traditional' heavy metal style in a lot of the songs.

Lords of Hypocrisy is definitely the best one...for me anyway.

Candlemass, for me, will always remain an enigma. I cannot appreciate that overblown operatic vocalist. And Epicus, while clearly better, just doesn't do much for me either. And bands need to learn NOT to cover "Solitude". That song suuuuucks. Might as well cover Sabbath's "Changes". It's the same with Solitude Aeturnus, even though their music is eons better, but I don't like Lowe. I'll stick with Solstice.

Anyone that appreciates Warning/40 Watt Sun needs to look into Unsilence's Under a Torn Sky

I see no reason to favor anything that isn't Volume I by Pagan Altar. All their albums are awesome, but I fail to see anything truly amazing in their other albums. Where are tracks like The Black Mass and Judgement of the Dead???

You just need to listen the first track on Lords of Hypocrisy to know that it holds up to Volume 1 (maybe not surpassing it though). So discarding it because it isn't on the same level is clearly gay. :)

Volume I and mythical & magical are the best for me. I haven't given Lords of Hypocrisy many repeated listens though.

I'd say Vol. 1 is better than Mythical & Magical by a decent margin, but they're both amazing. I agree LoH is the worst though (even though it's also quite nice).

except you dont listen to the other two so how would you know?

Unrelated, I'm still waiting on my Hour of 13 preorder. I'm guessing even though Earache said the US release was the same as the Euro one, all the cds shipped from europe, since I dont see it for sale from US sources yet. Still, annoying.

except you dont listen to the other two so how would you know?

Unrelated, I'm still waiting on my Hour of 13 preorder. I'm guessing even though Earache said the US release was the same as the Euro one, all the cds shipped from europe, since I dont see it for sale from US sources yet. Still, annoying.

Except I do listen to the others. Just rarely when Volume I is right there.