Traditional Doom Metal

I've only listened to it once, but am pretty disapointed with the new Candlemass. It seems like the band has run it's course. So it makes sense it is the bands final album, but being the last album it should have been better. And it was not epic or anything like the band stated. Kinda repetitive actually. Everything that has happened to the band recently makes sense. Black As Time is a pretty terrible album closer also.

I've only listened to it once, but am pretty disapointed with the new Candlemass. It seems like the band has run it's course. So it makes sense it is the bands final album, but being the last album it should have been better. And it was not epic or anything like the band stated. Kinda repetitive actually. Everything that has happened to the band recently makes sense. Black As Time is a pretty terrible album closer also.
"Black as Time" is a pretty odd song, what with Leif kicking it spoken word style and all. I'd say give the album more listens. It took about three listens for all the songs to really sink it and now I'm addicted to it.

Been majorly getting into Scald lately. Amazing stuff. It's a shame that they didn't release anything after Will of the Gods is Great Power but then again, it probably wouldn't be the same without Agyl.

Apparently the guys from Impetigo recorded a doom metal album under the name Church of Misery in 1993. It was just released this year. Worth a listen, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Shadow Kingdom Records Bandcamp page has like, all of their albums free to stream. You fuckers need to get on listening to the new Altar of Oblivion and Hellwell and shit.

Revelation has at least released 3 songs from their new album on the Hellride forums, it's great as expected.

Hellwell disc rules of course. Pallbearer debut hasn't hit me yet but going to keep spinning.