Traditional Doom Metal

Dread Sovereign, a recent project of Nemtheanga from Primordial:

cover.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank god this thread exists. I'm gonna go ahead and break the rules here and there with some stoner shit though.

That being said... as much as I prefer Messiah, I think Vikstrom deserves some cred. His work with Candlemass was admirable. Most people don't seem to agree, but I think he's got a great voice, this song is tortes.

Thank you! Somehow, I couldn't find that thread. And needed help finding this one.

But.... Vikstrom as Candlemass vocalist. Thoughts?

Johan Längqvist or bust, but you enjoy a different side of metal so whatever.

Garden of Worm is going to release a new album, not entirely traditional but a more notable band...wasn't a huge fan of their debut but whatevz

Garden of Worm is going to release a new album, not entirely traditional but a more notable band...wasn't a huge fan of their debut but whatevz

No definite props there too. Candlemass is like Black Sabbath in that their different vocalists weren't really better than eachother, just essentially different bands.

WOAH! Where did you hear about Garden of Worm putting out a new album? They are a great fucking band and, of course, cause they came from SKR, I have to jerk off to them.

Looks like Lord Vicar will be releasing a new album in 2014, from a recent interview:

"The third album, which will be called The Gates of Flesh, will be recorded in 2014. I can’t be any more specific than that right now, but both our label manager and we are keen to tour in the summer so hopefully it will be ready before then." (source)

Can't wait! Signs Of Osiris was excellent.

I love the first album but the second was super boring. Great live band though.

Not entirely doom, but speaking of super boring things; Atlantean Kodex's new album. Way too "epic" for it's own good. I hate to be that guy, but they peaked with The Pnakotic Demos and A Prophet In The Forest.

Wow really liked the vocals. Good stuff.

Never heard of Days of the Doom fest. Did a quick google search and there's a bunch of bands I haven't heard on it. Maybe it's a local thing? Anyways, cool stuff.