Traditional Doom Metal

Its just a small doom metal festival near Milwaukee. Lots of great acts play it like Orodruin, Argus, Revelation, Earthen Grave, Pale Divine, Iron Man, Blood Farmers, Gates of Slumber, etc

Hey, id like to hear Pentagram/Vitus-style Trad. doom mixed with some melancholic Southern-styled hard rock similar to this Blackfoot song.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah hopefully I'll make it down there.

Also fucking Blood Farmers will be putting out their new album March 1st

I just started giving Reverend Bizarre a try, so far playing 'So Long Suckers' because some website said it's their best album. Not super digging it, but they do come very heavily recommended, so what album would really blow me away?

In trad doom I really look for a little experimentation. Something super fucking unique, to set the music apart from an already vast collection of chuggary.

I will do that as well. Definitely digging Crush the Insects WAY more than the other one so far, I was starting to think they were a shitty band.

I love every Reverend Biz album, but "In the Rectory" is above 99% of every doom metal album ever. Shit, it's better than 99% of ever album ever. Definitely the place to start. So Long Suckers is awesome, but when the first song lasts 20 minutes I can see that causing problems for non doom fans.

I'm cool when other doom bands stretch a single part out for five or six minutes, but they usually have a lot of layering going on. I wasn't hearing any of that in SLS. I'll add In The Rectory to the queue too, thanks dudes.

Sometimes Rectory is too slow for me and then I forget about it for 3 years, and then re-love it all over again. Only album I ever really enjoyed from them

Some of their best tracks are on the EPs. Think The Wandering Jew, From The Void, For You Who Walk In The Land Of The Shadows, Wrath Of The War Elephants, The Children Of Doom, Deceiver (am I the only one who wishes they recorded the entire song?). Also the Black Metal covers are definitely among their most out there - Dunkelheit, Dark Sorceress and The Gate Of Nanna.

I suppose everybody likes Rev for a different reason. I always find myself singing along to the ever charismatic Albert Witchfinder.

Caesar Forever is my favorite from them. the ending of that song should have closed out their career. perfect.....