U.S. tour impressions/photos/reviews go here

TheNewBuild said:
Thanks for the photos, Madkill :)

Btw, nice collection of Maiden stuff :) I myself have Smiths guitar pick :D
Thanks.

The wristband and pick were from the best night ever, front row at the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC. Dave was such a cool guy and even better player.

:)

Montreal show was fuckin' kick ass....the crowd sang like 2 complete 'leads on Punish My Heaven. Other highlights were Wonders At Your Feet...crowd clapping hands during Nicklas' solo...songs from Character sounded really great live I agree! Almost caught Mickael at the very end of Soilwork's set..but he disapeared in the crowd hehe. I'm never really lucky with this kind of thing.... haha

Like some of you said, nobody seems to had energy left for Soilwork. I had heard that their drummer replaced their previous, Henry Ranta very well. But I don't really agree. He was a little hyper-active...sometimes loosing the flow...feeling of the song. But he could play fast for sure...but I don't know... The fact that his sound was so much louder than everyone eles...didn't help either.

Horgh was the shit in Hypocrisy though. :headbang: A few people seemed to have recognized him when he came on stage...yelling HORGH! HORGH! HORGH! hehe. It's been my fourth time seeing Hypocrisy...and Peter's voice always surprises me live. Always sounds so killer.

Anyway...hope to hear news about a 'headlining tour in North America real soon...

Jaxx Man said:
Niklas - correct me if I'm wrong - but I was sure you guys played "One Thought" during your set.

they did. the setlist was:

- the treason wall
- lost to apathy
- through smudged lenses
- the new build
- the wonders at your feet
- punish my heaven
- monochromatic stains
- one thought
- my negation
- final resistance

Yeah Montreal show was realy realy crazy! Everyone signing along....all night was just pure crazy! And yeah...it was me and my friends that screamed the Horg thing! I mean come on! Its Horg! Anyways....very nice night

oh and the setlist was:
Treason Wall
Lost to Apathy
White noise/ Black silence
One thought
The new build
Wonders at your feet
Punish my heaven
The endless feed
Final resistance

Not in exacte order

hello there
I was in Montreal too... it was amazing... I didn't know Hipocrisy at the time, I'll surely get some now though, was pretty good :) ... and Horgh.. I didn't shout 'HORGH! HORGH!..' with those guys.. but I knew it was him. He kicked ass :worship: A LOT of people left after Dark Tranquillity... including me.. I didn't know what Soilwork sounded like.. we stayed for 3 songs, then we just left. And we saw a lot of other people who just had left... DT > Soilwork :p :headbang:

Well due to excessive use of smoke machines during most songs/sets, a lot of photos are faded and not great looking, here's a few of the good ones...this show was one of the best I have ever seen, every band fucking could headline a tour, every band blew the shit outta the place during their sets, clearly the best montreal show I've ever seen, interviewed Mikael from DT and he's a really nice guy, fucking incredible I'll let you know when that intie is transcribed for the metal observer. Got all my stuff signed (missing soilworks other guitarist and dark tranquilities guitarist who's not niklas, and the drummer, but I did get like 10 booklets signed by 4 people so I was happy). Mnemic were great too, I used my limited danish to says thanks for coming to canada and they lit up and I explained I was half danish we had a conversation going for a while about denmark and how nice it is there and everything, they all wrote stuff in danish on my CD booklets. All class acts

It was an amazing set by Dark Tranquility, I was only disappointed there was no monochromatic stains but apparently we got some stuff other cities didn't so it's all good and yes, they will be back headlining NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!

here's some pics of them

hpim10005vt.jpg

hpim10100mz.jpg

hpim09965fb.jpg

hpim09879re.jpg

hpim09770fn.jpg

hpim10141ii.jpg

hpim09709fz.jpg

hpim09696vu.jpg

The show in Montreal was so amazing yesterday.. everyone singing along punish my heaven.. everything was perfect, except they weren't headlining. I've rarely seen a show with such a nice response from the crowd, I guess we had waited too much for this show. Was it the 1st time they came to Mtl ? cause as far as I know they never did.

Anyway, Mikael said they'd come back... headlining I hope... and yes Dt>Soilwork and it looked like that yesterday although I havent seen the whole Sw show. Hyporcrisy were also great.

A fucking good show. :headbang:

omg man, i just came back from the DT/soilwork concert in Toronto.

First off, i have a question which demands an answer... Why is Dark Tranquillity opening for Soilwork?!?!?!?!? and why was their set so short?!?!?!?!

i think that really dissapointed me. I know Soilwork is big enough to headline, but still its not fair. If anything, they shoulda omited the first 2 bands, and let both DT and Soilwork play for 80 mins each...

well anyways, enough with the venting... on with the review.

All I can say is WOW. I was really touched by DT, their stage presence, sound and performance was just so powerful. I was left speechless. Instead of going crazy screaming along with the songs, i found myself just staring in awe. My discribed it perfecly when he said it was just sureal. Highlights were my favourite songs New build, Monochromatic Stains and Final resistance.

Next time they come, they BETTER be the main band performing. It was their first time in Toronto and i think WE gave them an amazing feedback so im sure they will come back.

Thank you Dark Tranquillity for such an amazing, though short (about half an hour) show full of Energy, Soul, and amazing musicianship. This night will be remembered forever.

Since I wasn't able to get any DT performance fotos when they came through here last month I've decided to scan the signed Character CD cover, which needs 4 more signatures, and the TicketMaster envelope with the setlist. Sorry about the poor penmanship on the setlist. That's my drunk-and-in-a-dark-club scribble. :p

dtsetlist_050406.jpg

character_01.jpg

Hmmm... I can't tell who signed your booklet. :err:

The Cleveland show is tonight, Myself and a few buddies will be there. I'll be back tomorrow to try to explain how I basked in the swedish splendor. I can't wait...

Hi everyone.

Here's my review about MONTREAL show ont last june 4. Powerful, brilliant and crushing. The crowd was jumping from the 1st song (Treason Wall) to the last, hands in the air, singing and trashing. Everytime one of the musicians asked to scream along, the crowd instantly replied... just fantastic for this 1st canadian coming. Even if montrealers knew the old songs (Punish my heaven was exceptional...), the new Character songs were just as well appreciated.

For my opinion, this performance and "crowd presence" was far better than any on the Live Damage dvd. Moreover, Dark Tranquillity was THE headlining band of the night, carrying more crowd in energy and screams, than Soilwork... (sad but true : it's about experience, how you manage both stage and crowd).

For any francophone : j'espère simplement que le band reviendra sous peu. DT mériterait un show complet de plus d'une heure. En y ajoutant un groupe local ou un autre groupe majeur européen, ce serait de nouveau un succès.

NIM