Underrated bands

even though black sabbath with dio was very popular I still think it was underrated considering I never hear any Dio Sabbath on the radio. That was some rockin shit! Yeah it's not the same without ozzy But the were more doom metal with ozzy, and bluesy. With Dio they were more Epic and Rockin.

also I have to go with Armored Saint, Metal Church, Anthrax, Primus.

Sometimes I want to move to Europe considering the metal scene is mutch better over there.

-Jono-

Sabbath with Dio was a good call! I think Dio is a dork personally, but man oh man, "the mob rules" is one of the greatest songs ever!!! Both those albums are great. (I also like the last two records they did with Ozzy though, and no one seems to like them LOL) Sabbath didn't start sucking until Born Again. By the time Anthrax opened up for Sabbath, it wasn't even Sabbath anymore.It was just Tony Iommi. That record (can't remember the title) was a solo album, but to make it marketable, Warner Brothers called it "Black Sabbath featuring Tony Iommi" Sabbath were dead in the water the day Dio left, much less in 1986..............

I always thought that Wolfsbane should have been massive (it was Blaze Bayley's band before he joined Iron Maiden). His current band Blaze is also a great band who deserve alot of success.

Lots of thrash bands where/are underrated. Forbidden, Exodus, Xentrix, Testament, Nuclear Assault, Hirax, Overkill to name a few.

I can't believe noone has mentioned Anthrax yet!!! They've put out the three best three albums in the 1990's yet, how many people besides those reading this message have heard them? Say "Anthrax", and then after clarifying "the band, not the disease", people look at you blankly or say "are they still around?" How can a band that has done so much and put out such great music consistantly for 20 years not get any respect.

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Originally posted by TD
Sabbath with Dio was a good call! I think Dio is a dork personally, but man oh man, "the mob rules" is one of the greatest songs ever!!! Both those albums are great. (I also like the last two records they did with Ozzy though, and no one seems to like them LOL) Sabbath didn't start sucking until Born Again. By the time Anthrax opened up for Sabbath, it wasn't even Sabbath anymore.It was just Tony Iommi. That record (can't remember the title) was a solo album, but to make it marketable, Warner Brothers called it "Black Sabbath featuring Tony Iommi" Sabbath were dead in the water the day Dio left, much less in 1986..............

The bad album you are referring to was called "Seventh Star", and yes, it even said on the album "Black Sabbath featuring Tomi Iommi". My friends and I are pretty big Sabbath supporters and we love to joke about that album.

Cheerz TD!

Originally posted by Bodylouseuk
Ok, Metal church should have been as big as Metallica
Sacred Reich should have took off after The American Way album.
Only Living Witness released a great debut then disappeared.
Overkill deserve to be massive
KREATOR the new album is the best thrash album released this century.
finally ACID BATH!!!! twisted lyrics twisted riffs if you buy only three albums this year make two of them when the kite string pops and paegan terrorism tactics, awesome, go on, make your ears bleed.
Acid Bath would have gotten bigger if they had been able to stay together. Audie died, Mike got strung out on smack, Jimmy decided he didn't want to be in a band anymore, Dax decided he wanted to do a space opera, and Sammy wanted to worship Satan and do black metal. I do have some first hand knowledge of what's happened since then. If you didn't know, Dax and Mike formed Agents Of Oblivion who were together for about a year or so. My 2 friends were huge AB fans so they started going to AoO shows and became buddies with the band. Dax and Mike both said they were embarrased by some of the music they made with Acid Bath. Then Agents broke up because Dax and Chuck decided they didn't want to be in the band anymore and last I hear Mike was working for the phone company I think. On another note, my friends also talked to Sammy one night ane he told them Acid Bath was his favorite band out of any he had played in.

PS-Check out my boot list. I've got a good bit of Acid Bath stuff and I also have some Agetns Of Oblivion pitures from 2000 on cd.
http://www.angelfire.com/music2/theman442

THE HUNGER!!!!

They are an AWESOME hard rock/industrial band from Texas. Their music is great and the guys in the band are all super nice guys. I have seen them severral times and met and hung out with the guys. A class act all the way.

Originally posted by augdawg2

The bad album you are referring to was called "Seventh Star", and yes, it even said on the album "Black Sabbath featuring Tomi Iommi". My friends and I are pretty big Sabbath supporters and we love to joke about that album.

Cheerz TD!

Yeah that's it!! And the front cover is a pic of Tony Iommi, and just Tony Iommi! What a joke, correct me if I'm wrong, but the "sabbath" line-up for that 4 day tour would have been (brat's gonna love this memory check) Danny Spitz bro Dave "the beast" on bass, glenn hughes on vox (or did he quit before the tour even started??) and Eric "Scabcatman" Singer on drums. Sorry, even with Anthrax on the bill, I wouldn't have paid 2 cents for that Sabbath line-up:lol:

Originally posted by nafnikufesin
I can't believe noone has mentioned Anthrax yet!!! They've put out the three best three albums in the 1990's yet, how many people besides those reading this message have heard them? Say "Anthrax", and then after clarifying "the band, not the disease", people look at you blankly or say "are they still around?" How can a band that has done so much and put out such great music consistantly for 20 years not get any respect.

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I didn't mention them because I thought it went without saying...

Hmm, I do agree that ANTHRAX has been overlooked for far too long. Their material has been better than Metallica's for the past 12 years.
I'd have to say that OVERKILL has gotten the shaft too.

and whatever happened to Sacred Reich?

I definetly agree with whoever said Burzum. Actually, Varg's music wasn't racist at all. He became racist after he was done with music. But the first Burzum album rules. His vocals sound as if he's suffering, and they go well with the music.

No question or competition........

Armored Saint (but the fact that they are not as well known as they deserve, still allows me to have "my" underground band almost twenty years after their first release!)

Living Color.....have you heard the last album before they split up "Stain"??? Holy Shit!!! That is some freakin great/diverse music....ranges from funk to speed to melodic to pounding. Don't forget these guys, rumor has it they are on their way back!

Well there are tons of underrated bands, but here's a few:

RAZOR: kick ass Canadian 80's thrash. The Evil Invaders LP ruled, and it's cool as hell that Hypocrisy covered that song!

BLUE CHEER: Metal before metal...these guys were HEAVY for 1967!

EXORCIST: Only one album in 85', NIGHTMARE THEATER. Awesone, dark, heavy pre-death/black metal.

EXODUS: Bonded by Blood is one of THE best metal albums of all time.

MENTORS: Sickie Wifebeater is without a doubt one of the most underrated guitarists ever and never got the notoriety he deserved. Maybe it's because of his name.

DISMEMBER: These guys have consistantly put forth good releases, but still go relatively unnoticed.

ONSLAUGHT: Power from hell and the force are thrash classics.

MALEVOLENT CREATION: AWesome death metal, still going strong!

KREATOR: Pleasure to Kill is not all that far off from Reign in Blood.

DARK ANGEL: Darkness Descends.....need I say more?

SAINT VITUS: Arguably the best doom band ever.

Anyone ever hear of the Electric Love Hogs? I think they only ever released one album in the early nineties, and it got passed over by all the alternative/grunge crap that was taking over at the time. I thought they were a very cool band, very elclectic in their style, but alas, they disappeared, never to be seen again.

I think Fear Factory was underrated, and here is my reason why......... I do not see them getting the respect they deserve. I do not know why they called it quits, but I hope it does not have to do with support. It seems as if no one gave them a fair shake