unpopular albums that you really like

I think by unpopular we're not talking about not talked about or unknown, but rather known and not liked.

oh yeah, and this too:

product4.jpg

Living Death - Vengeance of Hell
Solitude Aeturnus - Downfall
Dodheimsgard - Supervillian Outcast (I've heard a lot of people call this mallcore...WTF!?)

EDIT:

Darkthrone - Plaguewielder and Ravishing Grimness. I thought these were awesome and perfectly fine...

Ugly cover, beautiful music inside.:)

I kind of mark out for Pain of Salvation, I admit. But Scarsick, despite its popularity elsewhere, has also been criticised heavily, so I figured it was worth a mention here. Daniel Gildenlow is annoying to some, but he's definitely not afraid to cross the line. Proof of that is the fact that each PoS album is different from the others.

I'm going to take it as albums unliked within the metal scene and not including mainstream press.

Malevolent Creation - Stillborn

The band admitted of rushing this album with the slew of problems that came with it such as the shoddy production and the strained vocals. But, still a good album, it would of been better if there werent those problems.

Morbid Angel - Domination

Pretty good even if it is somewhat predictable.

Pantera - Reinventing The Steel

Their best actually.

Sepultura - Roots and Against

Roots was pretty cool with that tribal vibe and all that. Against they tried to experiment and I think they somewhat succeeded.

Slayer - Divine Intervention

Done well. All things good about Slayer is sharply shown here. Why is Seasons In The Abyss considered the "last good" Slayer album?

I wouldn't have thought Judas Priest - Turbo, or At the Gates - WFIKTBD were unpopular by any measure.

Machine Head - Burn My Eyes
Fear Factory - Demanufacture (perhaps ... maybe its just not talked about)

is deamanufacture by fear factory considered unpopular? i really love that album...

people who are into devin townsend always bash physicist as second rate, but i think its by far one of the best things he has done, ever.

shit, i cant really remember...ive listened to a lot of shit in the past 10 years lol...

when i was in my "nu metal phase" when i first got into heavier music, i guess i liked some songs off of a static x album - cant remember the name. oh i also liked a powerman 5000 album...

of course, all that shit is just a complete embarrassment to be labled as anything other than 2nd rate...

Burning Witch-Crippled Lucifer
Forgotten Woods-The Curse of Mankind
Eternal Darkness-Twilight In The Wilderness + all other things they released.

Metallica - St Anger (I see this one already has a few mentions)
Iron Maiden - Virtual XI (I find this album strangely compelling)
Fear Factory - Digimortal (first album of theirs I heard and was quite heavy to me at the time, so it has a special place in my heart)
Fear Factory - Transgression (seems to get slated quite a lot, I don't think it's too bad).