Upcoming Album... Anyone worried?

What I'd like is a proggier kind of Deliverance. That would totally rule. It'd be the perfect album for me.

Let's see. They still have their songwriter, vocalist, lyricist, and best soloist. They will now have someone playing beats that said person writes, and someone playing guitar that said person writes. There will be slightly different soloing coming from Akesson than Lindgren, but overall you can't expect too much of a change. I'm sensing a more experimental Ghost Reveries.

Let's see. They still have their songwriter, vocalist, lyricist, and best soloist. They will now have someone playing beats that said person writes, and someone playing guitar that said person writes. There will be slightly different soloing coming from Akesson than Lindgren, but overall you can't expect too much of a change. I'm sensing a more experimental Ghost Reveries.

Lopez did put his mark on the beats. So the drums will be abit different too, I think.

We'll probably have more bitching, and it will be hailed their worst record. Even though it gets fine reviews, it'll be called "take this cookie and shove it up your ass!"

But, seriously it'll be alright, Mike is pretty much THE band. No worries.

Mikael may write all the material, but each band member adds their signature sound to the mix. Lopez' unique drumming was all his own. All of the Middle Eastern sounds and hand drums - all Lopez style.

This upcoming Opeth album will be telling in terms of the future of Opeth imo. Here are some of my concerns. Peter had some of the most inspiring and emotional guitar solos. Not to mention the great person he is, and he was truly special when it came to the connection he made with fans. The loss of Peter is quite devistating to say the least.

Will Lopez have any involvement with the upcoming album? Axenrot is a great death metal drummer, but, is he the right fit for opeth?

Also, has the grind of nearly constant touring of the world jepordize Opeth's desire?

And on top of all that, a majority of Opeth fans have become really annoying.

Fingers Crossed.

no doubt about that. I actually do find this thread pointless and annoying. All those topics have been discussed fought over so many times, "AXENROT SUKS BLA BLA OPETH'S COMERCIALLIZING" and all that bullshit. COME ON! cut it out, we've had enough. I like the music, end of story

I have a feeling the new album will sound like a faster, heavier Deliverance. But whatever Opeth makes, I am sure it will be great.

You can't seriously expect it to sound somthing like anything opeth had ever done can u? Opeth doesn't make albums that sound similiar to the same (they do but not perticularly) it's not like they're the RHCP's

You can't seriously expect it to sound somthing like anything opeth had ever done can u? Opeth doesn't make albums that sound similiar to the same (they do but not perticularly) it's not like they're the RHCP's

Well not exactly similar to it. But there will definitely more us of speedy double bass pedals with Axenrot as the drummer.

Worried? I'm absolutely bouncing off the walls in excitement! Sure they may have lost Peter and Martin, but Mikael's work will still be amazing.

no doubt about that. I actually do find this thread pointless and annoying. All those topics have been discussed fought over so many times, "AXENROT SUKS BLA BLA OPETH'S COMERCIALLIZING" and all that bullshit. COME ON! cut it out, we've had enough. I like the music, end of story

Actually I wanted to cite this exact point myself.

Did anyone else find it ironic that the thread lister posted basically all the current, cliche fanboy doubts in the one thread, and then went on to call the current Opeth fanbase 'really annoying'.

I actually didn't think anybody would take this thread seriously. Hell, I'm still laughing.

Im always worried when Opeth release a new record, although its more excitement. They have raised the bar with every album so every new one has to beat the already high standard.

I predict we will get this borderline black metal album that is supposed to be comming :lol:

*blast beats* *accoustic guitar* *blast beats* and so on..

alfred_e_neuman.jpg

Actually I wanted to cite this exact point myself.

Did anyone else find it ironic that the thread lister posted basically all the current, cliche fanboy doubts in the one thread, and then went on to call the current Opeth fanbase 'really annoying'.

I actually didn't think anybody would take this thread seriously. Hell, I'm still laughing.

it's threads like these that are killing this forum.

BUT OPATH IS IN TEH LOUDNEZZ WARZ