Upcoming Album... Anyone worried?

i'm not worried about it at all, and if it's not the same as GR, who cares, all the albums are different and this one will be too. IMO it'd be a good thing to not be the same as GR.

The only thing that would worry me is no album. I trust Mike to write great stuff, and I trust in the professionalism of the rest of the guys.

This upcoming Opeth album will be telling in terms of the future of Opeth imo. Here are some of my concerns. Peter had some of the most inspiring and emotional guitar solos. Not to mention the great person he is, and he was truly special when it came to the connection he made with fans. The loss of Peter is quite devistating to say the least.

Will Lopez have any involvement with the upcoming album? Axenrot is a great death metal drummer, but, is he the right fit for opeth?

Also, has the grind of nearly constant touring of the world jepordize Opeth's desire?

And on top of all that, a majority of Opeth fans have become really annoying.

Fingers Crossed.

:lol:

does samsara need to ban you again, bangadrian?

Personally I'm not really worried bout anything except if there would be any of Fredrik's Arch Enemy influences, but every album is unique, just not as unique as the first 2 albums' original sound.

I have a feeling the new album will sound like a faster, heavier Deliverance. But whatever Opeth makes, I am sure it will be great.

I just hope it's good music. I don't care what it sounds like. I wasn't expecting half of the stuff on GR which is one of the reasons I loved it so much, it was unexpected and more importantly it was GOOD. Great album.