Update

Great news!! I hope everything goes ok!! :D. Also yeah, some new video or song title would be awesome! :D

i already forgot how -30 feels o_O i believe the coldest temperature i've ever experienced in my life, was -44 deg. C and that was when i was 8 or so...

OMG! - 44° Celsius?! Where the hell have you been? Northern Siberia?
Its actually - 7 °C outthere, with a nice wind, but the forecast for tomorrow aint that good: Blizzard like wheather with temperatures around - 15°C, a whole bunch of snow.
okay, i know its not -30°C or even cooler, just like the places where some of you guys live and i dont want to sound like a pussy, but -15°C is pretty cold to me ^^

You know, I don't think Mr. V has ever had a video. I'd love to see a video!

Oh, well, I meant a video from the recording (like this one -> ), but if he ever makes a music video of a song I won't complain about it!! :D

EDIT and PD: Wow, you guys are really cold... here in Colombia it's like spring all the time or something, I want to see the seasons!! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG! - 44° Celsius?! Where the hell have you been? Northern Siberia?
at least, in the same country! :p i was born in Russia and lived on the river Volga for like 15 years. Temps like -20 are very common for the winter. The average winter temp must be around -10 there. But -44 was the lowest extreme in my life. I doubt however that my mom had let me go outside back then :lol: And actually it's very far from Siberia. And Southern Siberia can be just as cold as the Northern :p

I used to go out without any hat at -15, now i'm totally freezing when it's just below zero :rolleyes: i've really gone all soft during all these years in Holland... :oops::lol:

Oh man - I remember temps like that when I lived in Wisconsin. And even now, whenever I talk to my dad on the phone (who still lives there), the first thing he says is "Be glad you don't live in Wisconsin! It's *cold* here! Today. it got down to -10 F!"

Two years of duty between Oshkosh and Green Bay, I feel you brother.

When I lived in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada the windchill one night in January got to -80F. Granted, not the actual temp but just imagine being hit by -80 wind. To quote HST: "Jesus god almighty, man!"

at least, in the same country! :p i was born in Russia and lived on the river Volga for like 15 years. Temps like -20 are very common for the winter. The average winter temp must be around -10 there. But -44 was the lowest extreme in my life. I doubt however that my mom had let me go outside back then :lol: And actually it's very far from Siberia. And Southern Siberia can be just as cold as the Northern :p

I used to go out without any hat at -15, now i'm totally freezing when it's just below zero :rolleyes: i've really gone all soft during all these years in Holland... :oops::lol:

Yeah, it's amazing how soft you go. It hasn't been this kind of cold anywhere where I've lived for quite some time—that is in the -15 to -20 range, which is what we're getting in Uppsala pretty much every day—and I don't remember these temps being this cold. Honestly, when I was living in the midwest it was even worse because we'd get windchills that were in the -30/-35 often. It was the only time they ever would close schools was when the wind was blowing that hard and cold. And I walked to school every day and was too cool to wear a scarf or a hat... :lol:

But yes in all of this ridiculous chill Västerbotten has apparently gotten the worst of it (according to the newspapers). My girlfriend's dad posted his status on Facebook the first day they got the cold and it was "Vem fan uppfann -20?" (Who the fuck invented -20?) We thought it was really funny until we got it a few days later.. :lol:

is it -30 in skellefteå ?? :OMG:
herregud!!!!!

Yeah..actually it was down at -30 the other day and the cold have been here for a while now..today though it suddenly got a bit warmer. And I guess we got a bout 100 cm of snow as well, it's winter like it used to be when I was a kid:)

mr V

Yeah..actually it was down at -30 the other day and the cold have been here for a while now..today though it suddenly got a bit warmer. And I guess we got a bout 100 cm of snow as well, it's winter like it used to be when I was a kid:)

mr V

i cannot imagine what's the sensation a person can have at -30.
i cannot realize. really.
yesterday it seemed to be fucking cold here and it was 5 degrees (over the zero of course :lol:). what probably makes the difference here is the percentual of humidity, which is always very high, so cold enters in your bones also at 10 degrees...
sometimes air is so thick that you can cut it with a knife :Smug:
and our climate is turning into monsoons... it rains consecutively for months...then stops suddently and we have several months of aridity, above all in summer, when a little bit of rain would be also welcome, when you have 35-40 degrees and you cannot see the sun for the thick stratum of clouds it covers it... and you feel like trapped into a pressure cooker. :p

i cannot imagine what's the sensation a person can have at -30.:p

Your nose freezes shut if you're really unlucky.

Kind of a downer.

Oh - when I was a kid, my mom taught me to walk around in little circles at the bus stop while waiting for the school bus in winter, so my feet wouldn't freeze.

Oh - when I was a kid, my mom taught me to walk around in little circles at the bus stop while waiting for the school bus in winter, so my feet wouldn't freeze.
haha i know the feeling! :) it was common at -20 that the trams would broke down or the tramrail switcher would freeze so often people would have to wait 45 min in this freezing cold for the next tram. We would keep the watch in a shop across the tram stop, and then when the tram would show up at the end of the street we would sprint for your life across the city highway to the tram stop to catch it :lol: it was risk to either freeze to death or end up under a car :loco:

Kind of a downer.

Actually the trams of Toronto are quite warm :) . The lowest I've been lately is at -18C, quite warm actually, but the temperature is expected to go down more on these days :kickass: . I do hope Montréal will be at -30C at least :lol: . (Oh an check my flickR account for pics of the gigs.)

Kind of a downer.

ahahah i had the same feeling when i went to danemark.
i spent 2 weeks in a family and at morning we woke up at 5.30 am to catch the 6.30 a.m. bus to go to school.
we had to wait for the bus about 10 minutes every morning in the freezing and windy cold...but it was about only -5 or -10 C.
i still remember the wind. danemark is really flat and we lived in the country, so the wind came from everywhere....you could not escape. there was nowhere to hide, not a building not a house, not a fucking hill to stop it a little bit :lol:...only fields weaved by the wind... but really beautiful, i have to admit... :oops:

Yeah..actually it was down at -30 the other day and the cold have been here for a while now..today though it suddenly got a bit warmer. And I guess we got a bout 100 cm of snow as well, it's winter like it used to be when I was a kid :)

mr V

That's just what I was saying about it, too. This is how I remember winter being when I was a kid, too. Lots of snow, cold as hell. Though, the snow was better for building snowmen...

That's just what I was saying about it, too. This is how I remember winter being when I was a kid, too. Lots of snow, cold as hell. Though, the snow was better for building snowmen...

has the climate changed so much there?
here not that much. only a little bit warmer and rainy.
the greatest difference from the past is the crazyness of temperature's changing.
before christmas it snowed a little bit for two days, and the temperature was of about 2-3° C, after 2 days we had temperatures of 15-20° C.
i remember this year's christmas eve. i went out to smoke, it was night, and it was fucking warm. then i checked the termomether and it pointed at 17° degrees. well it was 1 a.m., deep night! and two days before we had snow, which is really rare on the sea!
it's not healthy to have a sudden change of temperature of 15 degrees from a day to another....