Update

Thanks Mr.V for the update :kickass:

And people please, stop talking about cold and snow :ill: Here in Canada(Quebec) we got lucky lately, not much snow not even 60cm up today (last year was the record year with about 400cm of snow within 2 and a half month) and we may had a few days closed to -20 in the last month but nothing to become crazy about ...

The worst is comming soon, damn february knocking at the door and that mean between -20 and -30 every day in february and some years until mid-march.:cry:

has the climate changed so much there?
here not that much. only a little bit warmer and rainy.
the greatest difference from the past is the crazyness of temperature's changing.
before christmas it snowed a little bit for two days, and the temperature was of about 2-3° C, after 2 days we had temperatures of 15-20° C.
i remember this year's christmas eve. i went out to smoke, it was night, and it was fucking warm. then i checked the termomether and it pointed at 17° degrees. well it was 1 a.m., deep night! and two days before we had snow, which is really rare on the sea!
it's not healthy to have a sudden change of temperature of 15 degrees from a day to another....

Well, I'm not sure how it is up north here. But when I was living in Umeå it basically hovered around 0 all the time and it would rain and then freeze and then snow and then melt again and then freeze. But Umeå is also right by the Gulf of Bothnia, so it could've been that. But I know that when I was a kid in the US winter would come really pretty early, often times getting a lot of snow at the end of October or early to mid-November. Now where my parents live, which is northern Wisconsin (which is inland, so it gets cold) you're often lucky to have snow by Christmas. Even in Uppsala it was really warm until about a week before Christmas and then it got really cold really fast.

I wish it would stay more like this, because this feels happier somehow.. Those rainy, melty winters are so depressing. At least when you've got a lot of snow and it's cold, then it's often sunny and bright out. It makes everything easier when it's so dark outside all the time.

has the climate changed so much there?
here not that much. only a little bit warmer and rainy.
the greatest difference from the past is the crazyness of temperature's changing.

it's not healthy to have a sudden change of temperature of 15 degrees from a day to another....
yes it got much worse during the last 10 years or so. I don't know about how it was here in Holland 10 years ago, but every time i phone my mom in Russia, she complains about the extreme weather changes there. It used to be normal there that it would go from -20 to 0 in a couple of days, and usually this happened not more than twice or thrice a season... Now it got so bad that it goes from -20 to 0 in just 12 hours!! o_O and in the next 12 hours from 0 back to -20!! :eek: and that happens like twice a week! that is really not normal at all! Older people who start feeling ill because of such extreme weather changes really notice that as no one else! :cry:

Actually the trams of Toronto are quite warm :) . The lowest I've been lately is at -18C, quite warm actually, but the temperature is expected to go down more on these days :kickass: . I do hope Montréal will be at -30C at least :lol: . (Oh an check my flickR account for pics of the gigs.)

Man, those trams in Toronto were weird as hell to me. Like some futuristic Japanese looking stuff. In Chicago our trams just look like...trains, passenger cars. Not Toronto though, no bubba. They're like WE ARE GO TRANSIT, WE SHALL TRANSPORT YOU FROM OSHAWA TO TORONTO AS IF YOU WERE FLYING THROUGH TIME!

Man, those trams in Toronto were weird as hell to me. Like some futuristic Japanese looking stuff. In Chicago our trams just look like...trains, passenger cars. Not Toronto though, no bubba. They're like WE ARE GO TRANSIT, WE SHALL TRANSPORT YOU FROM OSHAWA TO TORONTO AS IF YOU WERE FLYING THROUGH TIME!

:lol:

Train talk!

We now have Light Rail trains in Seattle...in only part of the city. Our system is currently being built in sections. North side? No train. South West Seattle, known as West Seattle? No train. University District and hipster haven Capitol Hill? No train.

So, who got the train first? The Rainier Valley, where I live. The poorest, most crime ridden part of the city. Why? Because the train goes from downtown to the airport, and to do that it goes through Rainier Valley and it's various ghettos. It's strange to me to think that there's people in my city that won't even get the train for a decade yet, and I'm using it on my daily commute.

(It also makes for an easy workout - every morning, I walk down a few blocks to the Mount Baker stop instead of taking the Columbia City stop that is right by my house. On the weekends, I'll walk down to Othello, and if I'm really ambitious, the Rainier Beach stop.)

Ah hahahahahahaha :lol: . They're really very efficient :) .

to be honest we do have a moderator...
that unknown guy whose name is on the bottom right of the main page....

but he's probably dead drown in frustation :p

Why would we need a mod? Sure, we always go off topic after about ten posts and everything. However, we all get along, no flaming, not arguing...pretty peaceful.

Though I'm venturing to guess that all of us in a bar, drinking would lead to the biggest collection of rambling conversation known to man.:p

Man, are we the best forum ever at getting of topic or what!? :D

YEAH!!!! :headbang:

to be honest we do have a moderator...
that unknown guy whose name is on the bottom right of the main page....

but he's probably dead drown in frustation :p

Yeah, that Mark guy :p . He still posts though, so yeas, he's dead drown in frustration :lol: .

But really, I love how we get off topic. Keep it that way lads and gals :) .

YEAH!!!! :headbang:

Yeah, that Mark guy :p . He still posts though, so yeas, he's dead drown in frustration :lol: .

But really, I love how we get off topic. Keep it that way lads and gals :) .

I'd be honored to do so.

Seattle is under a Flash Flood watch until Saturday. I hope that doesn't mess up the trains (or anything else for that matter!) :Smokin:

It. Is. Simply. Amazing.

I love it, and I'm wondering if the album will be like this or if it's just this song. Ahhhhhh I'm going crazy about this new DT album!!! o_O:ill::zombie:

Borknagar and DT in February, gaaah!! Going absolutely insane waiting for them. Just think, we'll have Borknagar songs and DT songs to torment us soon.

Borknagar and DT in February, gaaah!! Going absolutely insane waiting for them. Just think, we'll have Borknagar songs and DT songs to torment us soon.

Yes!!! Actually, I've been thinking on how I'll be totally out of cash by the end of February hahaha :lol: . I'll buy the Bork LP, the box and DT ltd. :kickass: . I'll do whatever for my favourite bands :) .

Yes!!! Actually, I've been thinking on how I'll be totally out of cash by the end of February hahaha :lol: . I'll buy the Bork LP, the box and DT ltd. :kickass: . I'll do whatever for my favourite bands :) .

Peter should have waited to release that new Hypocrisy album until this year, just so he could have had some ample competition.