What band(s) has/have, IYO, a perfect discography?

I completely would agree with Neurosis if not for the Neurosis and Jarboe thing which sucked big time.

Slough Feg is definitely one of them.
Pain of Salvation as well.
Primordial too.

I suppose by perfect I would assume that a band never backtracked or lost a step in their development. Given that criteria, I would go with Gorguts.

Now I know that many will mark Obscura as the high point for this band, and maybe for the death metal genre. As far as technicality is concerned, I think I would agree. Yet for me, I think From Wisdom to Hate was as far as they were going to go structurally. It was able to bring in the quirky, jazzy techniques and death metal riffage of that previous album, and rein it in with Classical structuring.

I can't think of another band that left on such a level.

well, there's plenty of bands who haven't released anything bad. the chasm and d666 and bolt thrower and summoning and gorguts as already mentioned. bolt thrower are a revealing example actually because all of their albums are solid-to-cool but none are exceptional - consistency doesn't equal perfection

As a couple of others stated, I really doubt there's a band with a "perfect" discography, but I can think of a couple of bands who haven't released a bad album.

Namely, Graveland and Ildjarn.

Yes. Ildjarn especially. There's some Graveland albums I'm not high on

you mean subjective presumably. a very astute point

but yeah "procession to the infraworld" or "let mortal heroes..." or "daudi baldrs" don't even approach perfection let's face it

as for death - that wasn't even very funny the first time