What band(s) has/have, IYO, a perfect discography?

I agree with Ulver (although I'm not personally a big Nattens fan). I also enjoy pretty much all of Opeth and Enslaved's material. WITTR have like two releases but they're all hawt. Same with NeO's lone demo.

I wanted to like OM, I really did, but it's too meandering and directionless for my taste: it's like an endless series of build-ups sans climaxes.

In the east, there are people who worship at that principle, you know...

I also firmly enjoy all of Cirith Ungol's albums, though I know some people find Paradise Lost lacking. Other than the production, however, I do not.

All of Doomsword's four albums are FUCKING WIN.

Bah, this is hard...

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Agalloch.
Nightingale and Porcupine Tree might work.

Although I love Drudkh, I don't agree with them having a perfect discography.
The Swan Road and Estrangement were weak releases imho...

Opeth is probably the most controversial band on this forum, and probably in metal. I don't want to start an entire thread on what I'm about to say, so I'll use this thread to rant off a bit.

I think Opeth is a band with a ton of potential. They clearly know how to play their instruments and are extremely skilled guys. They have written a ton of really interesting riffs and are able to write some very emotive and deep passages.

I just can't understand how they never learned to arrange and structure any of their ideas. If they took the time to set out all their ideas, stick to one central theme, and put the pieces of their puzzle together, they would have written at least a few amazing albums by this point.

For those who don't understand what I mean, go find yourself a King Crimson album, let's say Red, for this example. Listen to that album all the way through. Then play any other Opeth album and compare. I think most will see that Opeth begins to sound like a College band project gone awry in comparison. There is no cohesion between one song and another, or even from one riff into the very next riff.

I used to be one of those people that really hated this band. I think that was a stupid point of view. I think at this point, I feel a sense of pity for this band because their songwriting skills lag so far behind.

Anyone have other thoughts on this band or feel the same way?

i used to feel exactly like that, but these days i think half the time even their ideas aren't that great. obviously they're terrible songwriters, it's generally just copy+paste nonsense especially on the first two albums, but there's also a lot of horrible passages which shouldn't even be present in the first place. BWP and MAYH have easily the highest ratio of cool ideas to bad ones, and also have some of the most tolerable songwriting in their discog (there's at least some thematic consistency and flow), so those are the only two i can stand listening to anymore

I also firmly enjoy all of Cirith Ungol's albums, though I know some people find Paradise Lost lacking. Other than the production, however, I do not.
Hell Yeah, Paradise Lost is probably my favourite by Cirith Ungol. Maybe that shall go in the controversial opinions on metal thread though.

I think those qualify:

Nokturnal Mortum
Coroner
Summoning
Reverend Bizarre
Solstice
Megiddo
Graveland
Pagan Altar
Doomsword

Katatonia would fit aswell if they never released LFDGD. x)