What band(s) has/have, IYO, a perfect discography?

Alice In Chains
Opeth
Katatonia
Lacuna Coil
Dissection
Type O Negative
Bloodbath
Solitude Aeturnus
Necrophobic
Sacramentum

Fuck Opeth. They're the least perfect band ever.

Jenny Lewis and Pain of Salvation sucks!. HA

F U

They flopped with the acoustic album.

That's what I had in mind with the "later material" comment, as well as generally negative remarks about Epic. But honestly, I don't see anything terribly wrong with either of those or any of their albums, and I appreciate the acoustic album for being a courageous move on the part of the band.

And it wasn't all THAT bad. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, you like Velvet Revolver. What was that you were saying?

So fucking what.

I get this feeling you listen to Kelly Clarkson and music from really young actresses on the disney channel. Trust me i'm going to figure you out.

:lol: I'm not ashamed to admit that I like Kelly Clarkson, but I don't listen to anything Disney channel related.

They certainly aren't perfect discographies, but I have enjoyed all the releases from Windir, Agalloch and Death. Bands like Iced Earth (Barlow era) would come relatively close as well.

Borknagar qualifies, in my opinion, but their later material might cause some to disagree.

I was going to suggest Borknagar, but didn't because I feared too much disagreement. :cool: I agree with you that Epic wasn't a great album, but it was still decent. Personally, I think everything they released was solid. I think Quintessence was the high point, but Empiricism was awesome too, as were their first three albums.

I really want to say Virgin Black, but I just don't enjoy Elegant...and Dying. Everything else they've done is brilliant though.

No band has a prefect dicography (ie all pretty much 100% albums). But I can think of many bands that only released good albums, and even more that released no bad albums.

bands with all good albums:
Primordial (perhaps the band closest to perfect in my book)
Mourning Beloveth (three great, one good, damn close to perfect, but not quite)
Arghoslent
Immolation
Gorguts
At the Gates (that's right, I consider SotS a good album! fu)
The Chasm (though the production on their earliest work is horrid)
Destroyer 666

and some bands with no bad albums:
Nile
Cannibal Corpse
Graveland
Dismember
Vomitory
Obscenity
Immortal (yes, I like the later stuff, too, but prefer their black metal work)
Suffocation (Souls to Deny and the s/t are NOT bad, IMO, but decent)

fuck, I could go on and on with this list.

I was going to suggest Borknagar, but didn't because I feared too much disagreement. :cool: I agree with you that Epic wasn't a great album, but it was still decent. Personally, I think everything they released was solid. I think Quintessence was the high point, but Empiricism was awesome too, as were their first three albums.

When I think of a perfect discography, I imagine a consistent line of high quality releases, which Borknagar maintained through their first four albums, and then steadily declined from there. To call their catalogue "perfect" is to imply that Epic and Origin are on the same level as the masterpieces which are Borknagar through Quintessence. Their discography was perfect until Vintersorg joined the band.

I still think Empiricism is an excellent record though. I like Vintersorg's singing and writing style.

I completely forgot about Origin; that album was a bad decision.