What bands are bands that you just dont "get"?

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Okay, first of all, I don't like you at all for saying that, and second of all, read my other posts before saying stupid crap like that. I was trying to shut people up about Dream Theater, so this thread wouldn't go off topic. So if you please, SHUT THE HELL UP! ;)

I laughed when I read this... first and foremost, I read EVERY word in this entire thread before posting. Secondly, it seems to me you're not trying to be anything but a jackass. This thread was created to discuss "what bands you just don't get." Therefore, if someone happens to point out reasons as to why they dont like Dream Theater it wouldn't be any less relevant then you stating that you dont get Tool or any of the other bands you posted. I don't mean to be offensive, but quite frankly, your being pretty damn childish about this whole thing. Does it piss you off that people have an opinion that differs from yours?

Some of you people are so defensive I feel like I'm on a My Chemical Romance messageboard full of insecure 14 yr olds. Grow the fuck up.

I love Opeth. Some people hate them. I don't give a shit.

The Beatles . I understand that they've influenced a lot of artists and millions of people loved them but ... I just don't get it .

When I left, most of my friends back home were crazy about the Mars Volta and payed whatever ridiculous price to go see them play live in Vancouver.

These were the same friends who listened to HIM the year before that, however. I'm not even sure I want to know what they're into at the moment, although I wouldn't be surprised if it's....KATATONIA!!!

Stupid friends.

bands like panic at the disco
bullet for my valentine
those punk bands from europe who sing with US accents
my chemical romance

ther all so shite but so many people like them

Stimuli said:
In my opinion Megadeth own Metallica all day and night... even with those atrocious Mustaine vocals. They truly are shit vocals. But hey, one Megadeth song has more cooler melodic ideas than an entire Metallica album...

except ride the lighting.

I agree with a bunch of the bands listed, you guys covered a lot of the shit...
Katatonia does in fact bore the helll out of me... I own Viva Emptiness and thats all I heard. But I hear that VE is their best album. If thats the best they can produce :erk:

I too did not get Tool for the longest time. The are fuckin sick though.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - I can't understand how such talented musicians make the same shit song over and over again.

Cryptopsy - you wanna talk bad vocals. I can't believe this Lord Worm guy gets any work at all.

Nirvana just plain blows, through and through. Arguably the worst band ever IMO. Nirvana is a fad and scene thing just like Poison, and Kurt Cobain just sucks at everything. Playing, writing, singing... no wonder he killed himself.

however, the all time most overrated band ever is

U2

I do own their albums. and have heard them all...obviously they have some great songs, but they have so much filler and mediocre garbage that I can not believe how they became the most successful band in the world. Once again, tremendous musicians chosing to make music that is boring as fuck.

oh, and I plain just dont like Bono...

+5000000 except for katatonia. U2 is disgusting. I hate verythign about them. and I hate it how people think they are such crusaders when really they're just fucking assholes using it for publicity.

I hate Bono
I hate Bob Geldof
I hate Ian Brown SO FUCKING MUCH

sorry, im ok now

PS, I just read page 7...

BM is NOT characterised by use of keyboards people...the keys just help to create the atmosphere sometimes. there's plenty of true kvlt BM out there that doesn't use any keyboard arrangement.

Forest-of-October said:
I laughed when I read this... first and foremost, I read EVERY word in this entire thread before posting. Secondly, it seems to me you're not trying to be anything but a jackass. This thread was created to discuss "what bands you just don't get." Therefore, if someone happens to point out reasons as to why they dont like Dream Theater it wouldn't be any less relevant then you stating that you dont get Tool or any of the other bands you posted. I don't mean to be offensive, but quite frankly, your being pretty damn childish about this whole thing. Does it piss you off that people have an opinion that differs from yours?
Okay, I don't think you understand what I was saying in my posts.

You're just one of the people that post on this board who can't stop arguing (Just like me.). Join the crowd.

So please, hold it back and stop fucking arguing, I am so sick of it.

HazeM* said:
So does anyone here like CC ? Could they explain to me what they see in this band?

i like cc and other bands like nile or cryptopsy very much.
The main reason for me listening to cc's music is the great guitar work. fantastic riffs and pat o'brien is one of the best guitar players (for me) on earth.
i can understand why people don't get cc because of their lyrics, their coverarts and music style, no prob, but i can't understand why people say things like "they dont make music, just noise". these people just didn't want to really deal with such bands.

the vocals and drums steal the melody most of the time, but there some really cool and groovy parts in some songs.

since i'm a guitar player myself i try to learn as much as possible from this technical bands and combine it with stuff i get from other styles like jazz or blues.

angelofdeath9308 said:
oh yeah, and also Guns and roses

aw harsh, I gotta throw some love out to the roses. Use your Illusion I+II are fucking killer. Im a sucker for some hair metal, but I consider GnR a step above the rest; playing and song writing wise.

They never beat "Appetite for Destruction". My description of a great album is an album which is the antithesis af what the band is all about, for Pink Floyd it's "Dark Side of the Moon", Metallica "Master of Puppets". Even if you don't like the band it has to be said that "Appetite" totally epitomises what Guns n' Roses are about. So if one description of a great album is "a defining album", then "Appetite is one of the best albums ever made.