What has Metal not done?

Not metal, but there was some band that did a capella straight edge hxc a few years ago....

I hate when I hear 10 different band who sound the same originality is what should guide every band. I like when a band mix different type of metal together to create their own hybrid style.

for example black/death is used by both Behemoth and Fall of the Bastards but they don't sound the same. They both do it their own way and both sound good.

I would be surprised if I'd hear a good growling turning into some animals roar, using an effect, filter of course. It should be really good done though.

noitcefrepdewalf said:
this may sound stupid but i'm serious...i thought of this at a band practice one day and never tried it

vocal solo

just add effects to the mic

it's probably been done before

I like that idea.

How about drumless metal? Mabye another guitar or bass do stuff to rythmically compliment the riffs, therby eliminating the need for a drummer. Like playing off-beats in a classic ska style, but way faster?

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
I wouldn't be surprised if its been done, and if it were to be done, it has a slim chance of success, but I'd like to hear a live, 1-take recording of free-form improvisational metal music. This would be similar to many jazz recordings, but done it the metal style.

How about a capella metal? :lol:

The quick-take style of extreme metal was done by Daemon with their 7 deadly sins album.

They wrote and recorded it in a very few days ( I can't remember how few, but it was few).

I'd like to see Midget Metal! that would be fucking awesome, a bunch of 3 foot people holding a guitar twice their size and rocking it out!