what have you been doing today?

tommy.jpg

Besides working n chatting...nothing.....ohhhhhh yes, I've been awake for 22 hours....and counting

Drinking my study grants which I've been waiting for couple of months biting my nails for gaining some much needed energy hurrah

thinking...about parenting and kids who are subject to incompetent parents.

For example, would you let a month or more go by, not knowing if your kid is doing his homework, or actually finishing it? And letting this go on knowing it's a problem and not fixing it? Lets say you found out later that he was failing and YOU were responsible to make sure, every single day, because you are the primary parent, that he has done his work. You were responsible to help him if he needs help, making sure that he knows he can ask you for it, making sure that you make yourself available to him when he needs help, making sure you are present in mind and heart for him, and make sure that you look over his work when it's done, in a compassionate way, like you care, not a hard ass way, but like you really care about his success. Make sure he understands the importance of this for his success, and teaching him how to develop good study habits. And make sure that he knows that you expect nothing less than the best he can do for himself, from him. All of which requires your daily attendence to his needs beyond the basics and playing.
Lets say you then turned around and tried to lay blame on a teacher, stating that the teacher didn't have control over his or her students. Would this make you a hypocrite in denial?
Would you have the nerve to say about your child, the he being the kid, "HE's been neglecting his homework.." ?! God Damn, the ignorance.

Does a 10 year old who has one disciplinarian parent as the non-primary parent (living elsewhere and only granted weekends with his kid), and the other parent, the primary parent, lax and lazy about being a parent because of their utter self-absorbtion, alcoholism, and perpetual assinine behavior, have the ability to know which parent is better for his future?
Which parent would a 10-year-old say that he liked and which that he hated? Which parent makes him do and which lets him do? That will answer that question.

Which would he end up hating and loving in the future when he doesn't know how to succeed and has failed much already?
Would you blame the non-pimary parent for wanting custody of this kid?

eh, I don't have kids, but it's so sad to see, so obviously, how so many people are not qualified to parent. Feel so sorry for these kids. It disgusts me no end.

p.s. Oh please, don't get all bent out of shape, wicaya, you know it's true.

this is my thrid day without sleeping.......I'm about to get crazy....

This week I have been drinking cheap Sainsbury's vodka and eating honey roasted peanuts and cashews.

Eöl said:
this is my thrid day without sleeping.......I'm about to get crazy....

Do a week, it's fun... the corner shadows get all chewing gum day-glo and shaped like a million letter C's...

Light said:
Do a week, it's fun... the corner shadows get all chewing gum day-glo and shaped like a million letter C's...

thats the biggest load of shite ive read today anyway