What is Mikael Åkerfeldt's opinion on Metallica?

Seriously, I completely admire them for the whole napster deal. It took fucking balls to take a stand.

Wow, the first time I see somebody saying this - I completely agree!

IMO, the only REALLY BAD thing they have done was St. Anger and the tour with Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit... And the MTV covers show was an absolute disgrace...

Have you guys seen Sam Dunn's newest movie "Global Metal". Lars Ulrich is kind of trying to apologize or, I don't know. That interview with him made me laugh. He finds great that people can download music free. Anyways. Great movie. Go see it, you metalheads.

EDIT : And because that wasn't directly linked to this thread I will add my little worthless comment. So... I would not like to see Opeth and Metallica playing in a show together... well I would like to see Opeth, but I would easily change Metallica, but that's just tastes (I just find it doesn't fit together in a show, not at all).

Have you guys seen Sam Dunn's newest movie "Global Metal". Lars Ulrich is kind of trying to apologize or, I don't know. That interview with him made me laugh. He finds great that people can download music free. Anyways. Great movie. Go see it, you metalheads.

EDIT : And because that wasn't directly linked to this thread I will add my little worthless comment. So... I would not like to see Opeth and Metallica playing in a show together... well I would like to see Opeth, but I would easily change Metallica, but that's just tastes (I just find it doesn't fit together in a show, not at all).

That wouldn't surprise me! :lol: Lars is quite the attention whore and trend hopper.

Lars and Hetfield seem like such douche bags in that DVD they made. That's when my respect for them dropped signifcantly. Kirk still seems like a pretty cool guy. Also, they stopped making good music after Cliff died. And Justice For All was ok, but it's no Master of Puppets or Ride the Lightning.

i am a massive metallica fan. i wont let anything they have said or done stand in the way of the fantastic music they have recorded. The napster thing did end up going too far, but i firmly believe they went into the fight with nothing but good intentions. The song "I Disappear" was leaked before it was released (and if my memory serves me right, before it was complete) and was spread around the world. i think this gives them every right too do what they did.

Anyways, i still get fucking chills listening to Justice MoP and Ride the lightning. and i just love the way Kill Em All just fucking rocks out.

Lars and Hetfield seem like such douche bags in that DVD they made. That's when my respect for them dropped signifcantly. Kirk still seems like a pretty cool guy. Also, they stopped making good music after Cliff died. And Justice For All was ok, but it's no Master of Puppets or Ride the Lightning.

i actually feel the same way. althoguh kirk seems to carry himself like a girl sometimes.......its odd to say the least. but yeah after cliff, they went downhill. it sucks too acuse cliff was an amazing bass palyer, who oddly enoguh didn't really like metal that much, he liked the misfits and blue oyster cult. he also wanted to release his own jazz bass album like jaco pastorious, that would have been awesome

Don't throw up things like that... this thread is not about whether you think Metallica sucks or not. If you're going to say something, say something that worth anything unlike what you're doing here. I don't like Metallica and but I won't say it sucks, otherwise it wouldn't be so popular actually (well in the past years). Oh well... you could explain us the meaning of "sucks". Yeah that's it. Tell us what is wrong and what is bad about everything.

I just really hate Metallica, and I wanted to let you all know.

I mean if Mikael likes them, that's fine.

I still hate their music. Why? Just doesn't sound good to me, plus I didn't like their stance towards music downloads as I for one buy the albums of the songs I like.

I think some old Metallica songs actually have simliarities with Opeth. The acoustic passages/intros followed by the heavy parts etc. I think those may have seriously influenced Opeth. Just look at "To Live Is To Die" (awesome song btw).

Ümlaut;7402418 said:
plus I didn't like their stance towards music downloads as I for one buy the albums of the songs I like.

If you buy albums, then how does their stance on file sharing impact you?