What other metal is worth hearing besides Opeth?

My top 5 bands would be:

1. Cannibal Corpse
2. Cryptopsy (minus The Unspoken King)
3. Immolation
4. Nile
5. Death

And other cool stuff like: Augury, Neuraxis, Decrepit Birth, Martyr, Gorguts, Negativa, Defeated Sanity, Quo Vadis, Atheist, Pestilence, Severed Savior, Pavor, Necrophagist, Spawn Of Possession, Hate Eternal, Arsis, Meshuggah, Terminal Function, Visceral Bleeding, Gorefest (early), Polluted Inheritance, Watchtower, Spastic Inc, Blotted Science, Coroner, Sadus, Deathrow, Sepultura, Sacred Reich, Slayer, Celctic Frost, Megadeth, Testament, Fates Warning, Forbidden, and tons of other bands.

If you are referring to my list; i guess it's all subjective. But those are some of my all time favorite bands.

Ayreon
Dream Theater
Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Old In Flames
Old Children of Bodom
Old Norther
Kalmah
Stratovarius (depends on the listener, it's mostly symphonic powermetal)

If some "punk" or thrash influence doesn't matter then remove the "old"'s.

this is not nearly as creative as many other peoples suggestions, but Anata: The conductor's departure is ripping my face off right now.

Agalloch - anything
Alice In Chains - Facelift, Dirt, Sap, Jar of Flies, Alice in Chains
Amorphis - Tales From the Thousand Lakes, Elegy, Eclipse, Silent Waters
Anathema - Serenades, The Silent Enigma, Eternity, Alternative 4, Judgement
Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symfonia, La Masquerade Infernale, The Sham Mirrors, Sideshow Symphonies
At the Gates - The Red in the Sky is Ours, With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness, Terminal Spirit Disease, Slaughter of the Soul
Burzum - Burzum, Aske, Det Som Engang Var, Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, Filosofem
Cynic - Focus, Traced in Air
Dan Swano - Moontower
Dark Tranquillity - The Gallery, The Mind's I, Projector, Character, Fiction
Deathspell Omega - anything
Dream Theater - Images and Words, Awake, Metropolis, Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, Train of Thought
Earthless - Rythms From a Cosmic Sky
Edge of Sanity - Unorthodox, The Spectral Sorrows, Purgatory Afterglow, Crimson (it features Mikael ftw), Crimson II
Enslaved - anything
Iced Earth - Night of the Stormrider, Burnt Offerings, The Dark Saga, Something Wicked This Way Comes, Horror Show
In Flames - The Jester Race, Whoracle, Colony, Clayman
Katatonia - anything (especially BRAVE MURDER DAY)
Liquid Tension Experiment - LTE, LTE2
Moonspell - Wolfheart, Irreligious, Darkness and Hope, The Antidote, Memorial
Negura Bunget - anything
Nevermore - Politics of Ecstasy, Dreaming Neon Black, Dead Heart in a Dead World, This Godless Endeavour

just some favorites of mine

They opened for In Flames last week and I decided that they're pretty awesome as well. Put on a better show than In Flames sadly enough, since they didn't play any good old songs and relied way too much on fancy light shit.

From almost every account I've seen, Gojira absolutely SLAYS live. Can't fucking wait to see them myself.