What was the first ever metal album you ever bought?

Killswitch Engage - Killswitch Engage (2000)

Killswitch was the first band that got me into metal. Their debut album is still by FAR FAR their best.

(I used to listen to metallica also throughout my childhood alot(had a few albums), but, I'm going to start with the first band that had "harsh" vox for me (thats metal to me anyways))

abewuetend.gif

It's an Abe Simpson line.

Well, Deep Purple's Machine Head was my first album, but I don't know if its Metal...Hard Rock, I guess.

If so, its Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast.

I don't know if Slipknot is considered metal but I got Vol. 3 The Subliminal Verses, and I'll probbaly neevr listen to it again, I'd love to sell or trade it. My first extreme metal purchase was Emperor-In The Nightside Eclipse.

The Kovenant - S.E.T.I.

that was the first album I bought only because I couldn't find all the songs to download it.

My first honest metal purchase was Borknagar's Quintessence and The Archaic Course. They still remain some of my favorite albums of all time.

Nexus Polaris was so much better.

I bought The Red in the Sky is Ours and Tales From the Thousand Lakes at the Fox Valley Best Buy. Times have changed a lot since then.

Iron Maiden - No Prayer For the Dying

The first and possibly one of the best albums I've bought. Little did I know, as I browsed the music store, that this CD would change my life.

if classic rock or metal counts then i guess i can actually say Black Sabbath - Paranoid and from there a lot of other classic rock. And then I got to Metallica and Pantera and newer metal, (SYL, COB, LOG)