what's with the Pantera bashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dodens Grav said:
You're a fucking douchebag idiot.
And, by the way, I'd be careful calling people names if I cleaned up shit for a living. "custodial engineer"....piece of shit!:Spin:

You're offended by other people's opinions. Therefore you're a douchebag idiot.

Dodens Grav said:
You're offended by other people's opinions. Therefore you're a douchebag idiot.
Well, you're still just a shit-sweeper. SO GO AND SWEEP SOME SHIT, BOY!

VadimVon said:
I saw Pantera for the first time back when I was a teen in 92. They were opening for SkidRow, and, quite obviously, blew them away. This was Vulgar Display days, and the first time I actually even heard of them was that night. Me and my "cool" older friends got to meet them and smoke with them, and I'll tell you what - those were some of the most down motherfuckers in the "scene" that I had ever met to this day. That night I put all my sorry-ass fucking CDs and tapes in a box, and got into real shit. That night I'll remember for the rest of my life, sitting on a backstage couch, underage and high off my ass, watching this dude Darrell play through a practice amp. So any of you who have some shit to say about Philip, Vince, Pantera, Darrell, Rex, etc. can go and fuck themselves! "horribe...", "nu-metal...", "blah -blah - fucking blah...." Just fucking APPAULED to see some shit like this on a "metal" forum!

Oh? Well Kyle Thomas was asked about how he felt about Phail Analslammo stealing his vocal style he said, [paraphrasing]"It doesnt matter. He'll never be me."

[shrugs] Go ahead and have your opinion on this matter. I still Dislike Phail for his actions and lack of integrity. You wont change that, ever.

Nag said:
Oh? Well Kyle Thomas was asked about how he felt about Phail Analslammo stealing his vocal style he said, [paraphrasing]"It doesnt matter. He'll never be me."

[shrugs] Go ahead and have your opinion on this matter. I still Dislike Phail for his actions and lack of integrity. You wont change that, ever.
Well, first of all, WHO THE FUCK IS KYLE THOMAS?
Secondly, WHO FUCKING CARES?
Third, why would you disrespect someone whom you don't even know? The paragraph that I wrote previously was about being around that band one night back in 92 and being impressed by them, musically and personally. I don't know what became of them as people after that any more than anybody else does. But I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't have the balls to say that to "Phail's" face.

Dodens Grav said:
Because it's not my fucking fault that he died, and all the people bitching and moaning about his murder THAT HAVE NEVER EVEN MET HIM makes it even worse. Oh yeah, he was such a great person though. A drinker, a user, and a womanizer. What a guy. Oh yeah, I forgot, he can do that because he plays guitar.

Fuck u, U a are fucken disrespectful little queer who needs a good asskicking. Dimebag changed the way metal was played forever, and nobody has even touched his skills to date. He was the one who first inspired me to pick up an axe. People like you need all five knuckles right up their ass.

Zygote said:
Dimebag changed the way metal was played forever

would you care to elaborate? Because the only thing I imagine you might be referring to is the trend for slow and stompy groove riffing that emerged with nu metal - surely that doesn't help your argument?

VadimVon said:
I saw Pantera for the first time back when I was a teen in 92. They were opening for SkidRow, and, quite obviously, blew them away. This was Vulgar Display days, and the first time I actually even heard of them was that night. Me and my "cool" older friends got to meet them and smoke with them, and I'll tell you what - those were some of the most down motherfuckers in the "scene" that I had ever met to this day. That night I put all my sorry-ass fucking CDs and tapes in a box, and got into real shit. That night I'll remember for the rest of my life, sitting on a backstage couch, underage and high off my ass, watching this dude Darrell play through a practice amp. So any of you who have some shit to say about Philip, Vince, Pantera, Darrell, Rex, etc. can go and fuck themselves! "horribe...", "nu-metal...", "blah -blah - fucking blah...." Just fucking APPAULED to see some shit like this on a "metal" forum!

So we're pulling out the age card now, eh?

Just because you've listened to them since '92, doesn't make them any less mediocre. Just because they managed to claw their way to the front of the "scene" with their "cool attitudes" and all that bullshit, doens't mean that they're a good metal band.

Sure, Darrell didn't deserve to die, in any way, but that doesn't somehow redeme that band of his.

Dimebag didnt deserve to die. He wasnt an asshole and he never really hurt anyone, and while i really hated all of the bands he was in, i never would wish death on him. He was a good person and good people dont deserve to die. That being said, Phil is a horrible person, a horrible vocalist, and a disgrace to metal.

High On Maiden said:
would you care to elaborate? Because the only thing I imagine you might be referring to is the trend for slow and stompy groove riffing that emerged with nu metal - surely that doesn't help your argument?

are u inferring that pantera is nu metal? Any one with ears can see dimebag's mastery of his instrument. I dont really feel like getting into an arguement with a fellow madien fan though, so with that said

madien pwns:headbang:

Pantera may very well have aided in creating nu-metal, but some of my favorite albums are nu-metal: Demanufacture, Roots, Soulfly. That doesn't mean I like nu-metal as a whole, its just that I judge albums/bands on a case by case basis on their own merits, and my judgement of Pantera is that they just plain wrote good, entertaining, and fun songs. Can't metal be fucking FUN anymore?

Zygote said:
dimebag was one of, if not the best guitarist ever to live, i fucking hate anyone who disrepects this metal legend.

I dont know if you and I would get along very well.

What the fuck is wrong with Cowboys from Hell and Power Metal? Sure, I can understand people not really enjoying anything after that as it does get a little tedious (I think VDOP and FBD are ok as well, the former more so), but there are too many faggots out there who hate them for image (either their own image, or because of Pantera's image). I can accept that there will always be some people not into "that style of metal", but for such inoffensive (used loosely) music, it is wayyyyyyy too hated.

And since when does metal have to have no groove? Why don't you just rule out melody in the music as well, so we can have monotonic, atmospheric background noise bands producing all the albums. Fuck yeah, that's the music I wanna hear! I'm going to download some Velvet Cacoon!

VadimVon said:
Well, first of all, WHO THE FUCK IS KYLE THOMAS?
Secondly, WHO FUCKING CARES?
Third, why would you disrespect someone whom you don't even know? The paragraph that I wrote previously was about being around that band one night back in 92 and being impressed by them, musically and personally. I don't know what became of them as people after that any more than anybody else does. But I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't have the balls to say that to "Phail's" face.

Actually.. yeah I would say it to his face.. then let him beat me up... Lots of his undeserved money might as well be mine right? ooh you met em in 92.. my uncle saw Phil get the shit beat out of him right on stage in 86 while the others kept playing.. So what?

Phail stole his vocal style from Kyle Thomas of Exhorder.

Zygote said:
Fuck u, U a are fucken disrespectful little queer who needs a good asskicking. Dimebag changed the way metal was played forever, and nobody has even touched his skills to date. He was the one who first inspired me to pick up an axe. People like you need all five knuckles right up their ass.

And this coming from the person who thinks Angela Junky Gossow is 'god'.. Yeah talk to us when you've got an intelligent comment and thought pattern.

misfit said:
What the fuck is wrong with Cowboys from Hell and Power Metal? Sure, I can understand people not really enjoying anything after that as it does get a little tedious (I think VDOP and FBD are ok as well, the former more so), but there are too many faggots out there who hate them for image (either their own image, or because of Pantera's image). I can accept that there will always be some people not into "that style of metal", but for such inoffensive (used loosely) music, it is wayyyyyyy too hated.

And since when does metal have to have no groove? Why don't you just rule out melody in the music as well, so we can have monotonic, atmospheric background noise bands producing all the albums. Fuck yeah, that's the music I wanna hear! I'm going to download some Velvet Cacoon!

I agree with this. I have come to hate Phail anselmo more because of his attitude and his lack of integrity.. I realized that I didnt hate pantera as a whole but Phail and it was overflowing to the rest of the band. [shrugs]

Who ever said there is no groove in metal definately needs to take a trip to New Orleans.. Then tell Acid Bath, Agents of Oblivion, Cataglyphis, And the other bands down there.

I don't understand why people have to be fanboys or why people have to be tough on the internet bashing the dead musician.

Most of the people bashing dimebag here would not even have the nerve to call someone an idiot to their face. You're just as stupid as pantera worshippers. Get hit by a car, all of you.

VadimVon said:
I'm glad that my home country(R) had cut off your fucking gas!
You potato-eating dickhead! Why don't the stupid ukranians make up their minds whether they're Russian or Polish?:OMG:

i live in england but thanks for the compassion you backwards russian fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.