what's with the Pantera bashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
Pantera may very well have aided in creating nu-metal, but some of my favorite albums are nu-metal: Demanufacture, Roots, Soulfly. That doesn't mean I like nu-metal as a whole, its just that I judge albums/bands on a case by case basis on their own merits, and my judgement of Pantera is that they just plain wrote good, entertaining, and fun songs. Can't metal be fucking FUN anymore?

uh, i dont know if id call demanufacture nu-metal....

The Greys said:
I don't understand why people have to be fanboys or why people have to be tough on the internet bashing the dead musician.

Most of the people bashing dimebag here would not even have the nerve to call someone an idiot to their face. You're just as stupid as pantera worshippers. Get hit by a car, all of you.

I want to call you an idiot to your face.

then give you teh warm hugz!!1111

Zygote said:
are u inferring that pantera is nu metal? Any one with ears can see dimebag's mastery of his instrument. I dont really feel like getting into an arguement with a fellow madien fan though, so with that said

madien pwns:headbang:

no I wasn't inferring that Pantera were nu metal at all. I was just trying to work out what you meant by saying they changed the direction of metal riffs (or however you put it) - surely the obvious thing that FOLLOWED on from Pantera's approach was nu metal if anything.

p.s. yeah maiden pwn

Haha, so much trouble over a guy who has been dead over a year. He didn't do shit for metal and well, if he had I could see there being some reason to mourn his death. People like Quarthon and Schuldiner deserve to be mourned, not some one like Dimebag.

EDIT: Dimebag did not master his instrument at all, not even close to it.

DE said:
i live in england but thanks for the compassion you backwards russian fuck
Ha ha ha!!!
I live in the US, so I got one on you!
And you're still a stupid potato-eating dickhead, Taras Bulba!:Spin:
FIX YOUR FUCKING TEETH!!!

Nag said:
Actually.. yeah I would say it to his face.. then let him beat me up... Lots of his undeserved money might as well be mine right? ooh you met em in 92.. my uncle saw Phil get the shit beat out of him right on stage in 86 while the others kept playing.. So what?

Why do you think that its undeserved?
Are you that shallow of an individual to form opinions of someone based on what you read in magazines and online? Or what you hear from your stupid uncle?

You fucking loser. So your argument is firstly that Maiden should split up (justify that to anyone who has seen them live recently), which is bloody irrelevant.

And then - THEN - your argument is that you beat me because GEORGE BUSH is your leader? You fucking retard.

High On Maiden said:
So your argument is firstly that Maiden should split up (justify that to anyone who has seen them live recently)

Well to be a band, you gotta make good albums too, which they haven't done much of. Maiden could tour until 2100 probably, but they'll still be writing horseshit songs compared to 1988. They should have split in 91, even though I liked the Blaze albums. It would have saved everyone some heaadaches, and they'd still be rich motherfuckers.
But who am I to say a band SHOULD stop? I'd rather just not listen to them, or buy all the greatest hits and live albums we've been deluged with lately just so somebody can make a few more bucks.

But you're right, it's irrelevant.

Amazing how opinions change in a short year since my own troll of this community after that degenerate fuckup died in a storm of well-fired bullets.

Douchebag Darrell was not a "master" of his instrument. He was a subpar, alcoholic, mediocre guitar drone who had nothing whatsoever to say artistically. Making mainstreamified, saccharine, easily-digestable "metal" does not qualify a person for the demigod-like status you occluded one-dimensional fanboys are confering upon him. Get your heads out of your asses, wake up to the fact that there are plenty of other, far better guitar players out there who are actually doing something which is artistically worthwhile, instead of polluting metal with generic recombinant garbage, and quit wasting bandwidth.

Blaphbee said:
Amazing how opinions change in a short year since my own troll of this community after that degenerate fuckup died in a storm of well-fired bullets.

Douchebag Darrell was not a "master" of his instrument. He was a subpar, alcoholic, mediocre guitar drone who had nothing whatsoever to say artistically. Making mainstreamified, saccharine, easily-digestable "metal" does not qualify a person for the demigod-like status you occluded one-dimensional fanboys are confering upon him. Get your heads out of your asses, wake up to the fact that there are plenty of other, far better guitar players out there who are actually doing something which is artistically worthwhile, instead of polluting metal with generic recombinant garbage, and quit wasting bandwidth.

Well aren't you the fucking cocksucker?

Do us all a favor eh? The next time you go to make a PB&J? Stick the butter knife in the electrical socket, ok? Thanks.

dimebag was a good guitar player, not a virtuoso, not even close.
i agree that he is overated, people call him the best ever, thats just stupid.
I don't listen to pantera anymore, but i remember when i was 12 years old, when vulgar display of power came out and back then that was something i never heard before (those days i listen to maiden, halloween, guns and roses and that kind of music i dont like nowadays eheh oh and metallica of course).

pantera open the doors for me, for great metal bands, first sepultura, machine head(this one is shit of course but burn my eyes was a good album) and those big names of the early 90s, then carcass, kreator and lots of death metal, thrash, the good stuff.

pantera was a important band for me because of that, i think they are average nowadays (13 years later eheh), still they have good songs, some classic songs like cemetary gates, and like it or not, they are a big name in the history of metal.

but like most big names in the history of metal, i think they are overrated.
but i respect them as band. as persons i dont care really. its a shame that he died, but its life, so move on.

VadimVon said:
Nag said:
Actually.. yeah I would say it to his face.. then let him beat me up... Lots of his undeserved money might as well be mine right? ooh you met em in 92.. my uncle saw Phil get the shit beat out of him right on stage in 86 while the others kept playing.. So what?

Why do you think that its undeserved?
Are you that shallow of an individual to form opinions of someone based on what you read in magazines and online? Or what you hear from your stupid uncle?

As opposed to listening to a fucking retard on this message board? Yeah... alrighty. My uncle saw it 6 full years before you 'met' them. Standing next to their tour bus and smoking your own joints doesnt count as meeting them BTW.

MadeInNewJersey said:
Well aren't you the fucking cocksucker?

Do us all a favor eh? The next time you go to make a PB&J? Stick the butter knife in the electrical socket, ok? Thanks.
I love how the only flames people around are capable of using are either sexual attacks, or suicide encouragement.

Status
Not open for further replies.