when are you lot gonna stop listening to moontenced etc and get into proper stuff?

what?! how did you dare to bad mouth sentenced, best band ever in the world! :( their lyrics are pure genius and poetry like the line that goes 'i think i'll just put my head in the noose and let it all go and so i will oh yeah i will', or the other one that goes 'i regret every single day i ever lived in my life, i gave all i had in me it's time to say goodbye'.

this is fucking genius ! :mad:

nothing can beat the macc lads tho :D :headbang:

I like The Beatles AND Moonspell PERIOD! Both have good musicianship and great songs. Sometimes I am in the mood for Moonspell sometimes it is The Beatles.

Danny in his 1st message just expressed what i'm feeling these days when i read the boards. what's with these overrated metal bands who don't stand a chance against any real music?

and if i understand him correctly, it's not about genres or periods, it's about being open to all music, and listening to the best stuff. if some metal fits in with the best stuff, let it be metal. just lose the teenage t-shirt ideology part of it.

Originally posted by D Mullholand
Danny in his 1st message just expressed what i'm feeling these days when i read the boards. what's with these overrated metal bands who don't stand a chance against any real music?
Yes, there's some overrated bands, but there's and some real music between all that crap. I think that always in the music history there were bands like that, it's just that these days I find the real ones more hardly.
BTW can you give us examples of some "overrated" bands - I'm just curious.

Originally posted by Russell

That would be down to your innability to communicate what you mean...

It so happens I listen to the bands you've mentioned and agree with you, to an extent. I still don't think that gives you, or any one else, the right to claim one entire genre of music, or period as the case may be, is better than another. It depends on the individual bands and you'd have to be amazingly short sighted and ignorant not to agree...

russel shut up you are a dick head. i was talking to mick about this forum last night and i'll tell you what ... there are so many "comment vultures" here that just jump on everything you say with total anal university educated seriousness. you fucking fuckwits. fuck off.

Originally posted by pagan2002
there are so many "comment vultures" here that just jump on everything you say with total anal university educated seriousness. you fucking fuckwits. fuck off.

:) welcome to the fucking internet!

and by the way russel if we ever meet eachother then you will find me to be quite different to what you imagined. mehdi thought i was gonna be a right twat but we got on like a house on fire. i am sick of the seriousness in this forum though. and for the record, i honestly think 80-90% of all the modern metal in the european scene is shite. i've only ever heard a couple of bands playing tuneful stuff that can be considered to have the same degree of talent and say, bjork or nick drake. and MDB or moonspell were not one of them.

IN MY OPINION.

ok. looks like i have to end all posts like this otherwise i might offend some poor over-sensitive metal head (who might listen to depressive stuff -godly!) but wouldnt know real depression if it came up and bit him.

bird.gif