when are you lot gonna stop listening to moontenced etc and get into proper stuff?

mind you if your into metal then your into it. i know they are different styles, but believe me, harrison was better than fernando.

and can we drop this portishead / antiatter thing? i think they both bands do great songs, but honestly the songs mick and dunc do arent like portishead really. listen to the last laugh or going nowhere or god is coming, know what i mean?

i start new band... MASSIVE CRY!
we play only depression and self pity! no guitars or drums, just tears and melancholic vodka doom

I listen to more non metal then metal, but what gives you the right to say what other's listen to isn't "proper"? It's complete bullshit and just as bad as metalheads who say all non metal sucks...

Gah, it really pisses me off when people say one genre of music is better than another, even if it is a joke :mad: Almost as much as when people claim one religion is better than all others ;)

Originally posted by Russell
I listen to more non metal then metal, but what gives you the right to say what other's listen to isn't "proper"? It's complete bullshit and just as bad as metalheads who say all non metal sucks...

Gah, it really pisses me off when people say one genre of music is better than another, even if it is a joke :mad: Almost as much as when people claim one religion is better than all others ;)

shut up.
you dont know what i mean.

looks like i better clear this up before anyone else gets the wrong impression. i'm certainly not against any form of music. if it genuine its genuine and i dont care too much about anything else. its just that the beatles and loads of others were so much better than the crap that gets big now.

Originally posted by pagan2002
shut up.
you dont know what i mean.

That would be down to your innability to communicate what you mean...

It so happens I listen to the bands you've mentioned and agree with you, to an extent. I still don't think that gives you, or any one else, the right to claim one entire genre of music, or period as the case may be, is better than another. It depends on the individual bands and you'd have to be amazingly short sighted and ignorant not to agree...