Which DT album should I buy?

If we're to Fortify the armies of fans of Mikaels clean vocals....perhaps the armies would be figthing Mikael himself, since he abandoned them. <grin> I miss that original evil sound with badass leads that started and defined Dark Tranquillity, and how about the lyrics on The Gallery??? Those are some of my favorite lyrics anywhere! That's what us old fans will think of when we think of DT, not the one-time-shitter album that all bands are entilted to with age: Metallica - Load, Megadeth - Risk, DT - Projector, etc. When it's all said and done these albums won't be what defined the bands. I hold DT no contempt for trying something experimental like Projector, but I'm sure glad they didn't repeat! Of course the original can never be re-captured as bands mature and move on, but that's ok, I accept Haven!

qsilver, first haven, first haven!!!!

Sorry, I've made my decision and Projector shall be next. That shan't be changed by your words nor actions. But. Haven comes after projector.
That's just because we need some order here and this time it's chronological order :p

Originally posted by FatherVic
talking that much of Haven */me goes and switches to haven*
nooooooooooow!!! great news siren, but you doesn't have to love us all.....just love the band, they're the ones who made it real! :p
qsilver, first haven, first haven!!!!

/me withdraws her love.... :rolleyes:

Siren (bet you can tell i'm not in the best mood today...)

@Final Vison - do me a favor and change your name to "Kakarot" <Grin>

@FatherVic - What did you think of "The World needs a Hero"? I thought it was semi-bombass. (Yes, I said "bombass")

metal88 you mean Megadeth's one????
I like some songs, and some I don't....but Dread and the fugitive mind is one of the best songs of megadeth....why did you ask?

Originally posted by Thanatos
Two of the lake bodom teens were named Hansel and Gretel...weird huh?

I´m so sorry I wasn´t kind enough to tell the story, since I was the one who brought it to the conversation :cry:

*pats on thanatos shoulder*
c'mon dude....at least now they know better, if you hadn't brought that into the conversation may be they wouldn't ever know that!!!!
it's a great story, even those kids' parents won't think the same *sniff*

fathervic (without words at last)

@fathervic

I knew you'd have an opinion on the new 'deth based on your name, least it seemed so. DATFM was one of the better ones I thought, my favorites were "Recipe for hate" and "Kill the King" even tho KTK wasn't on the album, I still count it since it was recorded at the same time and put on that dumbass greatest hits cd...damnit do I hate greatest hits cd's....... I'm glad Dave is back to sneering some vocals into the Mic like he used to in the early 90's.

well but still I prefer Youthanasia and Countdown To Extinction as my Megadeth fave ones ever!!
and yeap, you guessed rigth about my nick :)

fathervic :)spin: )

Megadeth talk
I'll share my crappy thoughts =)

used to be a BIIIIIIIIIIIG fun of megadeth but that was until a few months after Risk got out...
hehe yup,when risk got out felt i had to defend my megadeth-ish passion and was talking shit about evolution and stuff which led to the following two things:
1. i was labelled raver...yup,because of these beats in "Hmmm i don't remember the title" and because i was already into diary of dreams back then and was also worshipping Ulver....hehe
2. some months after that my real real mind crept up from my subconscious and regreted about all the preaching blah blah

shortly after my megadethomania died... *sniff*

BUUUUUUUUUT of course i still worship the good old times and listen to the old stuff every now and them....
i just don't listen to "coundown..." 3 times in a row :rolleyes:
my faves were,are and will always be "Rust in Piece" (rating 11 out of 10 as i always used to say ;) ),"Youthanasia" and "Hidden Treasures"

what do you think of MD 45 btw??

strange and a bit lame if I'm to say....specially in the time it got out ('96 if I remember correctly)
I was so strange to me hearing that stuff from the mastermind that composed Symphony of Destruction!!!!!!!

mmmmmm i never listened to their Cd even though i had the chance.... :rolleyes:
but that is a painful story

well since it was lame i didn't lose anything...

Ok I'll oblige you and ask about the painful situation Melancholia. <grin> My favorite 'deth album is Rust in Piece, also earning an 11 out of 10. I really love all their cd's excpet for Risk tho. I listened to "So far so good so what" from start to finish today and loved it. Hadn't heard it in forever but due to a shitty experience with a girl I know....I wanted to hear track 6. <Grin> I was pissed Hidden Treasures didn't have Crown of Worms or New World order unless you bought the European version, that sucked really really badly b/c those are awesome songs that are picture perfect Megadeth. As in, when I think of the best style of Megadeth song, these two are it!

It doesn't look like FatherVic thinks too much of the Md.45 cd even tho he didn't trash it. I'll agree with him but take it a bit further to say the cd SUCKS. Every odd numbered track has decent music but whoever that guy was on vocals (Lee Ving?) just did a horrible, horrible job. What's worse, I don't know a single Megadeth fan who actually LIKES this cd.