who are your fave non-rock/metal bands?

hehe some people can't read...
I'll post just one band:
ANTIMATTER! Listen to them, Dark triphopstuff!

The Beatles. if it weren't for them i wouldn't have gotten into music at all.

i like lots of stuff that isn't metal, but far too much to name here. Metal is still my fav though :D

Originally posted by Ziller
hmmm... it seems there are a lot of open-minded people here. now what i'd like to know is, do you know any people who exclusively listen to metal, totally refusing to like anything else? do you know why?

all the people i've ever known who only listened to one kind of music were very non-musical otherwise... i wonder if broad musical tastes arise from playing music or is it the other way round?

i've known a couple of people who were only into metal but they grew up ;-)

Personally, I'll never limit myself to just metal. In the case I change SO much that I can only stand metal.. then so be it. I listen to some of the most hardcore/rarest metal as many others do.. in all genre's. Then I'll turn around and listen to The Beatles, or Simon And Garfunkel and maybe even Easy E (*hides*).

Those who wish to limit theirself to only one genre just so they can be "true".. then they are limiting no one but theirself. If they truely only like that style.. then that is who they are. Anyway, back to the topic:

Rachmaninoff
Blech
Beethoven
Type O Negative
Die Form
Simon & Garfunkel
Top petty
The Cult
Urge Overkill
Pink Floyd
Nofx
Gutter Mouth
Steppin Wolf (Edge Of rock??)

To many to list :)

I like, other than rock and metal, old school grunge like Alice in chains, soundgarden, pearl jam, plus old school punk, like the clash, the damned, ramones, dead kennedys but i also really like Johnny cash and- don't think anyone has said this one yet- and i don't know how you could miss it out (!!)

THE VILLAGE PEOPLE

yes- i actually do... YMCA, In the navy, macho man- some of the best songs veer written...!

For moi:

Mogwai
Explosions in the Sky
SIANspheric
Sophia
Mojave 3
Turin Brakes
Mark lanegan
Starsailor
This Beautiful mess
Low
Club 8
Catatonia
The Album Leaf
Brad
Mad Season

so many more.

And I too could never understand these metal heads who listen to nothing but. I am not of the opinion that it's because any other bands suck. I think a lot of people think death/black metal is 'cool' and so to be 'cool' that's the only music they listen too. I feel sorry for them, not having an open mind but being the first to tell you to have one. LOL.

And music comes from the heart. Like waht you like because it makes you feel good. And all sorts of music makes me feel good.

To the person who bought Miles DSavies and didn't like it. I'll trade you something for it. Miles Davies, Buddy Guy all these great guitarists helped along so many excellent bands. I know many. many hevay bands who swear by this music for it's sheer brilliance. If you want to really learn to play guitar, you turn to the masters.

Most of the time I listen to metal but I listen to these bands at times:

Pennywise
Radiohead
The Beatles
Vex Red