Who is the best singer in metal?

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
haha, Silent beat me to it. I think your either joking or are actually on drugs
This is derectly from the song Hate Crew Death Roll
"No! YOu aint one of us, and to tag along yo're too ugly and blunt.
Why?! is it so hard to get that we dont need you, stupid cunt!!"
There is worse but i dont wanna say it here, I might get banned haha.

But who cares, Bodom rules anyway! Lyrics Shmyircs, ay? Kickass riffs and solos forever \m/

I need to explain myself a little more.

No dear god no, not Hatecrew's Lyrics.

Something Wild has some very poetic lyrics. Touch Like Angel of Death for one example.
Hell Everytime I Die has some good lyrics too.

But all in all Lyrics Shmyrics

I cannot believe NO ONE has mentioned Burton C. Bell from Fear Factory. His clean/death transfer rivals Mikael Akerfeldt's.

Bruce Dickinson
Geoff Tate
Ray Alder
John Arch
Lajon Witherspoon
David Draiman
Ozzy Osbourne(technically horrible, but I love his style)
Rob Zombie(see above, except multiply last statement by 500,000)
Russ Allen
James LaBrie
Mike Patton(hello? people, c'mon!)
Phil Anselmo(pre-FBD)
Rob Halford
Tim Owens
Paul DiAnno
Ole Borud
Chad Gray(or Kud/Chud)

and of course, m'self...

Yikes and gadzooks! I've only heard one vote so far for Harry "The Tyrant" Conklin of Jag Panzer. He's amazing. We need to show more love for The Tyrant, people. :)

~Christina

chris_harry01.jpg

scanner313 said:
Hey, I know many people here might consider them "nu-metal" because they get airplay and don't do guitar solos, but what do you guys think about Dave Draiman from Disturbed?

Their first album was awesome and I think his vocals were much of the reason. His voice is so unique and powerful. I love this guy!
Draiman kicks a lot of ass indeed, and he's very good singing live as well. As far as metal singers go, my picks are:

Russell
Henning Basse
Cristina Scabbia

Fabio Lione of Rhapsody. AMAZING vocals.
The guy should learn some diction if he wants to have AMAZING vocals :p

Truth be told Lahio is a prick, I read an interview with him and he is full of childish hate like calling somebody 'fucking gay' because he thought HCDR was a sell-out. And his lyrics are all like 'get out of my way' and 'I hate you', poetic genius indeed, I'm sure if alive today Rudyard Kipling would be stealing his ideas.

But the man has that typical talent with temperament thing going on and nobody disputes what a phenomenal guitarist he is.

Alexander TG said:
Truth be told Lahio is a prick, I read an interview with him and he is full of childish hate like calling somebody 'fucking gay' because he thought HCDR was a sell-out. And his lyrics are all like 'get out of my way' and 'I hate you', poetic genius indeed, I'm sure if alive today Rudyard Kipling would be stealing his ideas.

But the man has that typical talent with temperament thing going on and nobody disputes what a phenomenal guitarist he is.

Id call that person who said that CoB sold out, fucking gay as well.

what was alexi's reason for 'slacking' in the lyrics dept of hcdr ? i checked out the lyrics from past albums namely the first as its what cobsteele mentioned, and id have to agree theyre not too bad. but the hcdr ones are just awful.

Anders Friden (In Flames) from The Jester Race album. Those are my favourite vocals. Now Anders SUX!

Matt Barlow who used to sing for Iced Earth kicks ass, I wish he didnt quit...

Stardust2112 said:
Yikes and gadzooks! I've only heard one vote so far for Harry "The Tyrant" Conklin of Jag Panzer. He's amazing. We need to show more love for The Tyrant, people. :)
Yeah, that one vote was me. So I'll vote for him again.
HARRY CONKLIN!!!
I was amazed at how great he was live when I saw Jag Panzer a few weeks ago. He hit this note that he held so long I thought my eyeballs were going to explode from the pressure of the sound going through my head.

Ever notice that sometimes he sounds a lot like Graham Bonnet?

Hey, I guess I should add a vote for Graham as well.
GRAHAM BONNET!

i don't much like harry :(

he isn't bad... especially live he's pretty good... though he's way to sleazy and icky for me. Like i have said many times, personality adds a lot to a band. If they are cool, it makes the band (and specifically that person's performance) more enjoyable... the opposite is true as well.

I got to Yngtchie Blacksteen's post and thought "man, this guy from Norway shares the same favs as I do". I would go to see Queen in their early days before Freddy started getting tired, and he was amazing, just flawless, and I always wondered what he would have been like in a great prog metal band. And Ian,,,,,well, I can't even find words for what he could project with his voice. Anyway.....I put Russ #1, because since he came on the scene, I have yet to find anyone who has the stamina, range, stage presence, and control that he has. I wish EVERYONE could see and hear Symphony X live. :worship:

Ultimate_Symphony said:
The guy should learn some diction if he wants to have AMAZING vocals :p

You see what you did there was you typed 'The guy should learn some diction if he wants to have AMAZING vocals :p' when what you ACTUALLY meant was:

'Yes. You are correct, Fabio Lione is indeed the best singer is metal. Agreed'

No need to thank me for correcting you ;)

Benzine said:
You see what you did there was you typed 'The guy should learn some diction if he wants to have AMAZING vocals :p' when what you ACTUALLY meant was:

'Yes. You are correct, Fabio Lione is indeed the best singer is metal. Agreed'

No need to thank me for correcting you ;)
:lol: Fair enough :cool: