Whoracle

Steve

New Metal Member
Jun 25, 2002
Fairfield, CT (USA)
SInce there doesn't seem to be much relevent discussion here, lets talk about my favorite IF album.

I like the sound of The Jester Race, but I prefer the thrashier sound of Whoracle. although the insturmentals were great, I like the overall sound of whoracle more.

Steve (not much to say now...)

Yeah, it's a great album. Jester Race and Whoracle are pretty much tied for me.

Whoracle was they album that got me into metal harder than Iron Maiden/Metallica in the first place.
One of my favs of all time definitely.
I love Dialogue With The Stars/Jotun/Jester Script Transfigured/Gyroscope.
IF's best album without no doubt.

I never got what the big deal was with Episode 666.....good song, but people always go apeshit for it at shows. Guess I'm missing something.

Whoracle is definately my favorite album. It just doesn't let up. I kinda have to be in the right mood to listen to TJR sometimes, but Whoracle gets me going every time I hear it.

Whoracle its amazing.. the riffs and the drums just sound so perfect. An amazing album, wich i think its the real In Flames Breaktrought.... But for me: C-O-L-O-N-Y thats... one of the best albums i have ever heard. Its on my TOP 5

Whoracle is f'n sweet. However, I'd say TJR, Clayman and Colony are better. I don't get what the fuss is all about with Episode 666 either - 'Gyroscope' and 'Dialogue with the stars' are much better songs :headbang:

Gyroscope is such an amazing tune, like moonshield-not really as complicated as some of the things they write but superior in its perfect simplicity. I think whoracle is my favorite as well, the last 2 tracks are such a weird sendoff for a classic death metal album, I love it.

whoracle has to be my favourite or mabye claymani know some people think that album was when they turned crap but i like to think otherwise, they only turned crap when they relased reroute to remain and yeah i dont get what the big deal is with episode 666, its good but no way their best

Don't have Whoracle yet.
frown.gif

Whoracle is my favorite as well. It is very diverse song-wise, yet carries a common centrality that any great album should song to song.

I also like the fact that it doesn't open with the "heaviest" nor fastest song on the album. I happen to love "Gyroscope", "Food for the Gods", "Jester Script Transfigured" and "Morphing Into Primal" the most, yet all are good.

I liken this album to Iron Maiden in the Powerslave era. It is very "dense" so to say with melodies, harmonies....hell, just music in general. Songs aren't as obviously catchy as later efforts of both Iron Maiden and In Flames. They took a couple of listens to get into, but once you did you realized how complex and textured the songs are.

Just as a release as a whole I can't find fault in Whoracle. Even in the odd choice of cover ("Everything Counts"), it somehow works. The packaging, artwork, song flow, everything. This is truly a great album.