Why do people think Opeth is so great?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don't love em.. but hell yeah COB are better , i can't even listen to an Opeth's song from the beginning of it till the end :lol: too fuckin long. But still they don't suck.

Dark Tranquillity :kickass:
Well.. It's not the duration, it's that it's far too repetitive, like on the grand conjuration, I think there's like 2 minutes worth of one riff going over and over again, and I almost commited suicide because of it:erk:

P.S. CoB is the best metal bad. Period.

I just don't get it. I mean, I've TRIED, lord knows I've tried to get into them, and see what the big deal is about. But frankly, I think they suck. The majority of their songs are 3-4 minutes of half emo/half metal songs that are VERY predictable for the most part (with crappy vocals on top of it). I mean I know it's a matter of opinion but, I'm just curious. I do like their cover of Don't Stop at the Top...and there are some badass riffs in some songs, like Red Light In My Eyes... but I just can't get into this band.

Dude, you may not like them.... but CoB is BY far th best metal band around today. Some other bands may have some better songs here and there, but to me, every song Bodom has made is FUCKING AMAZING... except Punch Me I Bleed :mad: and the cover of Talk Dirty to Me.

you can't put your OPINION forward AS FACT, and in the same breath dismiss other people's opinions of another band.

Pot/kettle?

yea Alexis' growls and "yow yow's" are pretty gay sometimes but that whole band is fucken amazing. once i stopped listing to nu-metal (around 6 years ago) my friend showed me bodom and it was what i wanted, real fucken heavy riffs, lot's of original technical riffs, double bass, fast fucken solos. If i didn't like that then i'd be on a SOD forum like a fag :erk: dont ya think?

maybe it's cuz you're old and senile and don't know what the fuck you're talking about?:lol:

I just don't get it. I mean, I've TRIED, lord knows I've tried to get into them, and see what the big deal is about. But frankly, I think they suck. The majority of their songs are 3-4 minutes of half emo/half metal songs that are VERY predictable for the most part (with crappy vocals on top of it). I mean I know it's a matter of opinion but, I'm just curious. I do like their cover of Don't Stop at the Top...and there are some badass riffs in some songs, like Red Light In My Eyes... but I just can't get into this band.

:lol: I didn't see this before :p and I love how you sigged my comment.

This thread needs moar tangfastics

1147339495_tangfastics180g.jpg

Gum sweets covered in shitloads of sour flavour sugar. I'm eating some now :rofl:

CoB is BY far th best metal band around today.

GTFO

nevertheless, you're still a moderator of this forum :p

T'otherhalf thinks they're brill.

I says nay.

He had their logo-thing as his msn d/p since uh, ever... until I made him a pic with me on it ;D

We got a lot of 13 year old fag haters here as well! :lol: :p

Holy shit look. Your a fucking adult, you have a job, a girlfriend, but you lack in a life. you sit here all day posting. yes i post a lot to, but your way older. you post stupid pictures of yourself trying to impress your little internet pals. step outside of your self and look in, its fucking sad.

Yes, they are equally as dull. Though Stream of Consciousness is an exceptional song.

SoC is one of the best songs ever, sooo amazing. I love DT though, im all over the board when it comes to metal. Vacant is an awesome song to. makes me wanna cry

Holy shit look. Your a fucking adult, you have a job, a girlfriend, but you lack in a life. you sit here all day posting. yes i post a lot to, but your way older. you post stupid pictures of yourself trying to impress your little internet pals. step outside of your self and look in, its fucking sad.

:lol: Don't wet your diapers man... just get daddy to buy you a new pony and everything will be alright. :) No need to cry.

And I always laugh when someone here tells me I have no life. I've done more in the past few months than you probably have in your life. I mean, I sure do post a fucking lot, but that's cuz I barely sleep. Sometimes only 2 hours a day. And I work fucked up hours. Which leaves little time to go out. But hey :lol: The day I care what a 13 year old queer daddy's boy says about me is the day I get a MCR tattoo on my ballsack.

Status
Not open for further replies.