Wintersun opinions?

Personally, I think the real enemy here is Sonic Syndicate. Personal opinion. And this may sound like a retarded question (I'm only 15, so yeah, lol - sort of to be expected), but why the HELL do people call them melodic death metal? Am I missing something?
No, they really do suck that bad. But who calls them melodic death metal?

I'm sorry, but the way you say this just makes it sound like you're sucking up to him.
You may not have noticed, but I've often stated my opinion of dodens, namely that he is supremely condescending and unnecessarily obnoxious, but that he has a wide knowledge of music, much of which I like, and when he goes off on someone it's funny. As far as sucking up goes...considering his favorite poster on here is Omni, I'd prefer not to be part of their little club.

I don't think Time will disappoint, at least not me. He's working too hard on it, it's taking a long time, but Jari is determined to make the best album possible. I know I'm gonna love it.

I hope so. Even if it's basically the same as the first record, I'll be happy; just not ecstatic. I want something new, but I doubt it will be much different.

I'm sure it will be similar. The songs are gonna be much longer, and he said clean vocals will be used more, but they wont forget the aggression. I'm thinking it may delve into prog territory a bit. Hopefully not too much.

Considering how long he's spent on it it's inevitably going to be painfully overproduced. Longer songs does not sound promising at all, just another opportunity for directionless meandering self-indulgence. I thought the vocal balance on the first album between clean and harsh was more or less fine, so changing that doesn't sound good.

I don't have a problem with clean vocals, but I am worried that Jari's forcing the songs to be too long in order to give an "epic" impression.

See, what you guys worry about are things that actually sound good to me. I'm not worried in the least. Well, I take that back, I'm worried that I may not hear it for another 5 years haha.

I have this habit of not listening to really fucking horrible and gay stupid fucking faggot music, so I've never heard Wintersun before. I just went to their myspace though, and this is really fucking horrible and gay stupid fucking faggot music. This is so fucking stupid. This is cartoon, video game music bullshit. And I don't mean video game music like music made for video games. This is music made by people who listen to video game music and want their fucking song to be in Guitar Hero. This is a mockery and a defacement of what makes metal a viable form of music. This is some of the worst, most horrible, cartoonish, most bullshit 'metal' I've ever heard in my life. This music makes me want to punch my testicles off. When they're not being fucking video game characters racing through retarded chord progressions with useless melodies played behind them, they're meandering through HORRIBLE, completely fucking abysmal, sappy, saccharine 'emotional' passages that are so completely shallow and transparent that I can't possibly believe that these musicians take themselves seriously. I almost expect to hear an incidental bout of laughter at some point as the musicians can't contain themselves, but their music is so computer generated that I'm sure the laughter was promptly pro tooled out. This is damn near everything that could go wrong with a metal band rolled into a giant fucking flaming ball of faggotry.
:lol::lol: fucking respect for this post. Truth upon truth.

I think this whole thread should have just been in the Controversial opinions thread, would have given it some much needed new material.

I've never read more bullshit in a thread ever.

Wintersun's Deput is simply one of the greatest albums I've ever heard.

OMG look at his LAST.FM plays He must know nothing right?!!! der der der I fucking hate Elite Metal losers...This Messageboard is FILLED.

Anyone I ever come across loves Wintersun....Metalheads...I never really met someone who really bashed this band..What are you all smoking

And the Comparisons to Dragonforce? Are you fucking stupid? Dforce are one of the most overrated glorified band ever and you compare Wintersun to Dragonforce. And they sound nothing like Bodom or Ensiferum.

Wintersun > Ensiferum

And whoever bashed Kamelot and Sonata Arctica just stop. "OMG They aren't Death Metal or Black Metal"

Making dumb generalizations about why people disagree with you, especially ones that you can't support, doesn't make you look intelligent. Just shut the fuck up and face the fact that people don't feel the same way about bands that you like.

By the way, Kamelot and Sonata Arctica suck if you ask me, and I definitely listen to more than death metal and black metal. This is a great example of you making a stupid generalization that you can't support.

I just see people comparing real passionate music in Sonata Arctica, Kamelot and Wintersun and Comparing them to a fake ass band As Dragonforce...I don't care if you don't like bands I like...I just don't like people with stupid comparisons like that.

I don't really find any of the bands that you named to be more passionate or legitimate than DragonForce. DragonForce is definitely a terrible band, but there's unfortunately nothing about them that allows you to deem them fake just because you view their music as shallow and superficial. They're still clearly a real band, and at least they have the guts to not fake a pretense of being overly serious like the other bands that you named, as if they're doing something groundbreakingly new and exciting on every new album, with the constant hype around Time being a prime example, when, realistically, not a single one of those bands offers anything that you can't hear done by tons of other bands.

Basically, welcome to opinions. Shut the fuck up until you figure out that other people are allowed to disagree with yours.

We get it already, but some people obviously disagree with you, for reasons they already clearly explained in this thread. Did you actually read any of the posts that you objected to?

Yes and I disagreed with all of them.

Wintersun have Great Lyrics...An awesome Vocalist in Jari and his guitar Playing is Solid. The solos are memorable and catchy..This isn't an excuse of a band to wank and wank. Plus they change up the tempo...Songs range from Fast and Agressive to Slow and Melancholy.

When such bands as Bodom and Norther have gone more commercial and watered down the sound...Wintersun Breathes new life in the Genre...Even though Wintersun are more progressive and Symphonic. And I love Ensiferum, seen them twice...Love the last album but nothing compares to Winter Madness, Death and the Healing, Sleeping Stars, Starchild, Sadness and Hate, Beyond the Dark sun and Battle Against Time.

If by "disagreed" you mean "attempted to claim that their opinions are wrong and not legitimate for unfounded reasons," then yes, you disagreed with them.