words only mike knows

so far every single example given has been a real word that is not weirdly uncommon. I think every attempt at this is going to make you guys sound dumber and dumber

What the heck is that? Most of the words metionned before aren't well-known or just doesn't exist at all (they exist, but seperated). Stop insulting everyone like if you knew all the existing words. And even if you knew, you are maybe too ignorant to understand that others may not know them.

Black Rose Immortal: "Sunbirds leave their dark recesses/Shadows glid the archways" - Glid isn't a word. This might be an error, but I can't understand what else the word might be (glide?).

Godhead's Lament: "Searching my way to perplexion, ahhh ahhh ahhh" - Perplexion?

Moonlapse Vertigo: Alright, there's some controversy about this. "Moonlapse" isn't a word, but a moon-lapse refers to the cycles of waning and waxing the moon goes through.

The Drapery Falls: "No criterias demanded here" or "No criteria is demanded here" - hard to tell, but "criterias" would be made up because criteria is already a plural form of the word criterion. "Criteria is" would be a grammatical error (criteria are).

That's really it, I think. There are plenty of words that are considered part of an esoteric vocabulary, but these seem to be the only ones only Mike knows. I think he likes to make up words that sound like they SHOULD be words. I used "oppositic" in a research paper once.

so far every single example given has been a real word that is not weirdly uncommon. I think every attempt at this is going to make you guys sound dumber and dumber

Ok, Professor. Tell me where you can find "moonlapse", or "glid". Those are the words you won't find in any dictionary. As for the others, many of them are uncommon. I've only met the word "hessian" in mathematics. I've never met "halcyon" anywhere else. Sure, you can look it up in the dictionary and it exists, but it's extremely uncommon. "Benighted" also sounds like the kind of word you only meet in poems and not in everyday life. And "criterias" is simply wrong.

So next time, try thinking before acting like a smartass. A dumb one, too.

Hessian refers to something native to the Hesse province in Germany the way that Californian refers to something in California in the US. And apparently it's a synonym for a potsmoking metalhead. The second one's just Internet research, though, I'm sure about the first.

Serenity Painted Death: "I returned from a hibernal dream" - Hibernal is made up, but to goddamn good effect.

What do you mean? Hibernal is word.

The Drapery Falls: "No criterias demanded here" or "No criteria is demanded here" - hard to tell, but "criterias" would be made up because criteria is already a plural form of the word criterion. "Criteria is" is much more likely, though.

This has been discussed already. "Criteria is" doesn't make sense either because it would have to be "criteria are," considering that criteria—as you pointed out—is the plural form of criterion.

What do you mean? Hibernal is word.

This has been discussed already. "Criteria is" doesn't make sense either because it would have to be "criteria are," considering that criteria—as you pointed out—is the plural form of criterion.

Oh, good catch there.

Perplexion is the state of being in confusion.
Hibernal means pertaining to winter.
And this is also what hessian is ->
ist2525473hessiansacksp1.jpg

In mathematics, the Hessian matrix is the matrix of second order derivatives of a fuction with respect to its variables. I doubt thats got to do anything with Opeth though.

And this is also what hessian is ->
This explains it. I always thought it just cannot be that "hessian peel" refers to the german province Hessen. http://dict.leo.org/ could have solved the riddle long ago for me ... Then again, there is still a connection: "The name 'hessian' is attributed to the use of the fabric, initially, as part of the uniform of soldiers from the German state of Hessen." (Wikipedia).