Worst Guitar solo ever heard?

LadyValerie said:
What's worse than Fred's pseudo solo was the fact that the crowd was chearing for him.
well i wouldnt have call it a solo it was just a few random notes and bends, anyway but i cant belive that was real and people like it... or why he isnt dead now

sliting his writes after the show

Keith! said:
I'd have to agree, although some are "ok" but others....:yuk:

I was just listening to Angel of Death and those 1st few bits of the solos are so sooooo gross.

they're meant to be gross. king/hanneman play what i call an anti-solo, when they abuse the trem bar. they are there for effect and simply to make an infernal racket. it suits the feel of the music, which is what solos are meant to do.

Some of hannemans runs are fucking immense though, i saw him play the manadatory suicide solo when i was about 14 and thought, fuck that was quick.

I cant understand why king gets so much credit though...quite often makes lots of mistakes live when soloing.

wankerness said:
I wasn't directing my post at you, it was at the people you were arguing against. I was complaining about all the idiots that jump in whenever dream theater is mentioned and say they lack emotion, etc. I don't care if you defend dream theater, i actually like them. I just don't want those clowns trying to jump into a thread and say those are the worst solos around when obviously they aren't and they're just trolling.

Cool off, it's like you didn't even read my post.

And the spock's beard thing was a joke, I actually own 3 of their albums, I just make fun of my friends for liking them all the time cause I hate snow.
Whoops, sorry 'bout that. I guess I wasn't paying attention. :erk:

But you should have been more clear when you were talking about Spock's Beard. :erk:

And there's no need to tell me to cool off when the argument is already over. :)

Many, many apologies from me.

Kenneth R. said:
here we go. prepare the flames.

Dream Theater - In The Name of God.

spot on, there. we're talking about that solo at the speed os sound, right? so fast that all you hear is just one "weeeeeeeeeeee"?

now thats the worst solo i've ever heard, too. it would be good on stage 'cause i assume it's more of a visual experience...but on an album? :erk:

I'd like to see more video of people stepping on their dicks while trying to pretend they play guitar in front of thousands of fans who would scream their heads off if the "Artist" just took a shit on stage... which technically they are doin'

or

mp3's of clusterfucks that are supposed to be solos...

I found the stuff at the begining of this thread so good that I keep listening and watching them over and over. Gimme more..

:devil:

I personally love shredding stuff, while it might not have THE most emotion in the music, i can still sense a lot of emotion through it. Notably your stuff tubbs, i like it a lot.

Mr Samsara said:
I found the stuff at the begining of this thread so good that I keep listening and watching them over and over. Gimme more..

:devil:

pop in dream theater's train of thought" for the last song on the album, like we said. hear the solo towards the end.

just to make a comparison, pop in pink floyd's "the division bell" for the last song on that album right after listening to dream theater. hear the solo at the end.

are we talking about feeling? there's the ultimate answer.

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Metallica - any solo off of St. Anger

What solos?

Petrucci is the man, stop judging him from train of thought, it was made specifically to be a metal album with a ton of shredding.

Goober said:
I personally love shredding stuff, while it might not have THE most emotion in the music, i can still sense a lot of emotion through it. Notably your stuff tubbs, i like it a lot.
Wow, thanks. You just made me feel much, much better. No complaining from me anymore! :Spin:

leigonX said:
Petrucci is the man, stop judging him from train of thought, it was made specifically to be a metal album with a ton of shredding.
I should have mentioned that... but i'm not getting involved again. :)

OK GUYS HERE ARE THREE MORE:

These are actually from real recordings so they probably aren't QUITE as spectacularly bad as the two live things I uploaded earlier, but imho the third one is very close in quality to the "free" one.

1. Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
( mp3 of solo )
This is just terrible! It sounds like completely random noodling and just stops abruptly when the solo section ends, it's like he was like UHHH I HAVE TO PLAY NOTES FAST FOR THA SOLO AND STOP PLAYING THEM WHEN IT ENDS

2. Smashing Pumpkins - Behold! The Night-Mare
( mp3 of solo )
This is absolutely hideous. I guess some case could be made for its being 'arty' or something, but it's NOT feedback, it's actually heavily processed and hideoused guitar playing (I have a transcription book of the album with input from band members and it has a VERY ACCURATE sounding version of the solo, accurate if you detune the guitar 1/4 step anyway). I love this song but the solo is just unbearably hideous.

3. The Beatles - All You Need is Love
( mp3 of solo )
This just plain sucks. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong. I don't care if the beatles were the best band ever, this is probably the worst solo on a famous album, EVER.

wankerness said:
OK GUYS HERE ARE THREE MORE:

These are actually from real recordings so they probably aren't QUITE as spectacularly bad as the two live things I uploaded earlier, but imho the third one is very close in quality to the "free" one.

1. Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
( mp3 of solo )
This is just terrible! It sounds like completely random noodling and just stops abruptly when the solo section ends, it's like he was like UHHH I HAVE TO PLAY NOTES FAST FOR THA SOLO AND STOP PLAYING THEM WHEN IT ENDS

2. Smashing Pumpkins - Behold! The Night-Mare
( mp3 of solo )
This is absolutely hideous. I guess some case could be made for its being 'arty' or something, but it's NOT feedback, it's actually heavily processed and hideoused guitar playing (I have a transcription book of the album with input from band members and it has a VERY ACCURATE sounding version of the solo, accurate if you detune the guitar 1/4 step anyway). I love this song but the solo is just unbearably hideous.

3. The Beatles - All You Need is Love
( mp3 of solo )
This just plain sucks. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong. I don't care if the beatles were the best band ever, this is probably the worst solo on a famous album, EVER.
even though i like soundgarden like that song, etc. i have to admit it is a piss poor solo from a very good guitarist