Worst metal band name ever

Metallica (name and band) rule!

I think some shit like Bullet for my valentine is crap name.

Cant believe they are third headliners at Download on sunday and have only released one album and an E.p, stupid. Oh and Funeral for a friend second headliners on the same day. I thought this was the most metal festival in the UK?!?!
Someone please slap me.

Hanger 18 said:

Cant believe they are third headliners at Download on sunday and have only released one album and an E.p, stupid. Oh and Funeral for a friend second headliners on the same day. I thought this was the most metal festival in the UK?!?!
Someone please slap me.

What you forget it, thanks to Kerrap! et. al., metal in the UK is a fucking joke.(Often).

I'm a Metallica fan musically, but I've always thought the name was awful...I used to love it because I associated the name with the music, but if I went to a show and saw an unknown band with the name Metallica I'd think they were a bunch of 'tards just for choosing such a stupid name

Hanger 18 said:

Someone please slap me.

Your signature is too long. Make it shorter.

>>>Blackened thrash?!? Thats one msuic genre ive never heard of.

Hahaha...that's the genre created by black metal purists who think just because a band adds some thrash and groove to BM, it can't be black. It's still black to me - like Susperia.

Scott

SheisMySin said:
>>>Blackened thrash?!? Thats one msuic genre ive never heard of.

Hahaha...that's the genre created by black metal purists who think just because a band adds some thrash and groove to BM, it can't be black. It's still black to me - like Susperia.

Scott

Wrong.

Hanger 18 said:
i like my sig, thank you

But because you might sling your handbags at me (especially you Necuratul) ive changed it, so its shorter.

It's a RULE that your signature doesn't make the screen stretch. Not just an annoyance. Nice job on throwing in an enter key in your signature, that must've taken a while.

haha...whatever, you know what I mean.

Labeling is cool for instances when you're giving recommendations...so people can get an idea of what a band might sound like...but it's just annoying when people start fighting over what's black metal, or what isn't. I think Dragonlord is more black than thrash, personally...and would lump it in with black.

Scott

SheisMySin said:
haha...whatever, you know what I mean.

Labeling is cool for instances when you're giving recommendations...so people can get an idea of what a band might sound like...but it's just annoying when people start fighting over what's black metal, or what isn't. I think Dragonlord is more black than thrash, personally...and would lump it in with black.

Scott

You're seriously very very wrong if you think Dragonlord is more Black Metal than Thrash Metal (note: this is based solely on the debut album since I refuse to waste my time listening to the new one, but I'm sure it's more of the same).

>>>You're seriously very very wrong if you think Dragonlord is more Black Metal than Thrash Metal

Hahaha...why? Because you say so?

Vocal -> BLACK
Keys -> BLACK
Atmosphere -> BLACK

What makes you think it's more thrash? A couple of riffs here and there?

Scott

Most of the riffs, actually. The entire foundation of every song, the way that they're structured, is very Thrash oriented. The atmosphere isn't Black Metal at all just because there are keyboards (poorly done I might add). The vocals are irrelevant to genre classification.

>>>They're stylistically similar to COF and Dimmu Borgir, so what, Black Metal Lite?

Well I'm not a black metal lover, so I just put them into one group = BLACK. :) Sucks that the second a band gets tired of playing tedious black metal blastbeats, and change things up, they fall out of their genre.

I guess I'm out of the loop - if Dimmu and COF are no longer BM, what are they?

Scott